Julie Ann Cairns is the Managing Director of Trading Pursuits Group, an 8 figure financial markets education company based in Sydney, Australia. She’s also the author of the book The Abundance Code published by Hay House. Her mission as an entrepreneur is to help people create abundance in their lives.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy — Julie’s Best Business Book
- The Five Minute Journal – Julie’s Tool Recommendation
- IFTTT – Julie’s Small Business Resource
- Theabundancecodebook.com — Julie’s Book
- Influence by Robert Cialdini – Julie’s Best Business Book
3 Key Points:
- There are ingrained beliefs that you may not actually wholehearted believe and that can block your success.
- You can change your thought processes with work.
- If you allow yourself to continue to be influenced by your beliefs, you’re living life “with the brakes on”.
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
- Grammarly: Grammarly checks for grammar, spelling, punctuation – it even offers suggestions on sentence structure, style, clarity, and word choice! Download Grammarly today for free!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:54] – John introduces Julie
- [01:21] – Julie fills in the gaps of her background
- [03:11] – How Julie generates revenue
- [04:28] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment – listing her company during global financial system meltdown.
- [06:40] – How to deal with external forces; deal with fear.
- [09:59] – Needed to change subconscious belief that the cycle of monetary losses and gains was just the way the world works.
- [10:54] – The takeaway: your subconscious beliefs are powerful drivers of your behaviors
- [11:22] – There are all kinds of beliefs that can block your success
- [12:22] – The Power of Your Subconscious Mind (book) techniques for rewriting beliefs
- [14:22] – Biggest weakness: “engage and abandon” pattern
- [15:32] – Biggest strength: really good forward cash flow forecasting
- [17:57] – Fired up about: A start-up of a gamified app that will teach people how to trade
- [21:02]- The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur: confidence and belief in self.
- What’s the best advice you ever received: the blame tree. Emotions are leaves on a tree. Once you cut the blame (trunk), and the leaves will change.
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success: An app called “The Five Minute Journal”.
- Can you share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation: “IFTTT” for automation.
- If you could recommend one book what would it be and why: Influence by Robert Cialdini – maps out how people’s thought process works and what it is that causes people to buy.
- [25:02] – theabundancecodebook.com
- [26:53] – when you’re going through life with limiting self-conscious beliefs, you’re riding your bike with the brakes on
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!