Cardiff, a relentless optimist, has a burning passion for life. He’s had twenty-five years of experience doing marketing and sales. He’s an entrepreneur at heart with a mission to impact and inspire others. He founded Inspiration Insight in 2015.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Sleep Cycle App – Cardiff’s small business resource
- Elixir Project – Cardiff’s Top Business Book
- Tide Turners: The Practical Guide to Help You Feel in Control, Experience More Joy, and Sustain Achievement in Life – Cardiff’s book
- Sustained Achievement – Cardiff’s website
- Connect with Cardiff on his Facebook and Instagram
- The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points
- Take control – you’re the captain of your life’s ship.
- Stop making “I don’t know” an excuse.
- Keep the mantra: I will persist until… and do your best.
- Billy Gene Marketing: Visit CopyOurAds.com and if you’re the first 100 to sign up, Billy Gene will mail you his best performing Facebook ad campaigns for FREE. You just cover the shipping
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:52] – 3 years ago, Cardiff cut out the EOFire logo and told himself “I will be on EOFire someday.”
- [01:08] – Cardiff is blessed and grateful to be on the show right now
- [01:13] – Cardiff lives in the Minneapolis area
- [01:17] – He has a full-time job and works part-time on his passion
- [01:21] – He’s married and has a 7-year old daughter
- [01:28] – He founded Inspiration Insight to help individuals and companies transform themselves
- [01:40] – He’s been blessed to be mentored and coached by amazing individuals
- [01:45] – Cardiff’s first book is Tide Turners: The Practical Guide to Help You Feel in Control, Experience More Joy, and Sustain Achievement in Life
- [02:18] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Cardiff’s area of expertise is in helping individuals transform their mindset, take action, and move towards their goals. Cardiff’s value bomb is: be the captain of your life called YOU
- [03:12] – Second value bomb is: don’t allow yourself to get caught in the trap of “I don’t know”
- [03:41] – Action beats inaction
- [03:44] – When the student is ready, the teacher will appear
- [04:43] – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “My first round was to write the complete manuscript for Tide Turners”
- [05:36] – The Freedom Journal’s process worked for Cardiff
- [05:56] – Cardiff has been invited on other podcasts and has been interviewed by magazines and newspapers
- [06:07] – He’s a member of The Freedom Journal Group: filled with others who are accomplishing their #1 goal with The Freedom Journal
- [06:54] – Cardiff shares the struggles he faced while publishing his book
- [07:19] – “With every piece that was being built, it helped the process and that was new to me”
- [08:03] – How do you define Productivity? “Productivity is the ability to utilize a special period of allocated time”
- [08:56] – Cardiff’s struggle is when the process is slowed down by the number of people involved in a project
- [09:25] – Cardiff shares an exercise you can do
- [10:14] – How do you define Discipline? “Discipline is really the prioritized choice to do something based on intention which provides a benefit to you”
- [10:37] – “It’s being able to focus with intentionality”
- [11:03] – Cardiff struggles when he does not plot his calendar
- [11:54] – How do you define Focus? “Focus is the ability to block out any distractions, lock in on the task or the project you’re managing, engage your full attention to the matter, and for a certain length of time”
- [12:41] – Interruptions are the big struggle for Cardiff
- [13:41] – The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
- [14:06] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The unknown of standing on my own and not having that backbone called ‘a company’ to support me”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Clarity attracts, confusion repels”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “It’s my morning routine”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – The Sleep Cycle App
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Elixir Project – a fictional book with a nonfictional message
- [17:24] – Have the opportunity to direct your life
- [17:51] – Connect with Cardiff on his Facebook and Instagram
- [18:01] – Sustained Achievement
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!