Trista is a self-taught gluten free chef. She runs and owns The Cheery Chef and serves healthy to-go meals locally as well as runs her blog. She is a wife and mom to an awesome 8 year old boy in Beaverton, Oregon.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- One Thing Everyday Group and WhatsApp – Trista’s small business resources
- Recipes for a Cheery Life – Trista’s book
- The Cheery Chef – Trista’s website
- Connect with Trista on Instagram and at email@example.com
- The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline and Focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Own your mistakes and look at negative feedback as an opportunity to get better.
- Create lists to help you keep track of your daily tasks and goals.
- Do the things that make you happy because if you don’t, you will find yourself wanting those same things again.
- Athletic Greens: The most complete whole food supplement on the market. If you check out AG, you’ll receive 20 single serve travel packs valued at $99 completely free with your first order. Just visit athleticgreens.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 01:00 – Trista cooks dinners on a new platform called Josephine, which is like Uber, but for your dinner
- [01:13] – She loves working at home creating menus
- [01:35] – She loves her freedom with her family
- [02:31] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: “I’m big on customer service… If I get negative feedback or a bad review, I try look at it as an opportunity to take responsibility, see what I can fix, and really be honest about any mistakes”
- [03:41] – Regular flour from the store needs to be replaced by 3 different mixes of flour for gluten-free baked goodies
- 04:19 – What was your goal for The Freedom Journal and how did you crush it? “My first goal was to write and publish my first cookbook, Recipes for a Cheery Life”
- [05:19] – Publishing her book made Trista more confident about putting things out there
- [06:05] – Take the first step, even without seeing the whole staircase
- [07:50] – How do you define Productivity? “It’s finding the correct or the right things daily that move you forward, step by step”
- [09:03] – Trista struggles with balancing tasks with the time she has
- [10:20] – How do you define Discipline? “Sticking to a routine or certain daily goals that are really non-negotiable for you”
- [10:46] – Reading every day is a non-negotiable goal for Trista
- [11:04] – Trista struggles with being a morning person
- [12:30] – How do you define Focus? “It’s being able to choose one area to concentrate on at a time”
- [13:00] – Trista sometimes thinks she needs to be everywhere and she needs to do everything, which is her biggest struggle with focus
- [13:39] – Trista makes daily lists which help her focus on what needs to get done
- [15:03] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I actually grew up with my parents as entrepreneurs… but for some reason, I thought I had to go to college and get some sort of job.”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Just get it done!”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Preparing the night before”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – One Thing Everyday Group and WhatsApp
- [18:03] – “Find what makes you truly happy and keep doing that every day”
- 18:14 – Get Trista’s FREE gift for Fire Nation at TheCheeryChef.com/fire Download Trista’s free recipe book!
- 18:26 – Connect with Trista on Instagram and at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!