Chris Guillebeau is a New York Times best-selling author and modern-day explorer. His first book, The Art of Non-Conformity, was translated into more than twenty languages. His second book, The $100 Startup, was a New York Times and Wall Street Journal best-seller, selling more than 300,000 copies worldwide. His latest book, The Happiness of Pursuit, was published in September 2014 and was also a New York Times best-seller.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Travel Hacking Cartel– One of Chris’ businesses
- Replay – Book mentioned by John
3 Key Points:
- Joy, Money, and Flow
- There are choices that we make in life that can lead us to more success
- it’s not just the finances, it is the confidence and security
- eVoice: No need for two phones – just get a second line added to your mobile phone! Use promo code FIRE for a 60-day free trial!
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:55] – John introduces Chris
- [01:41] – Chris’ personal life
- [03:04] – Chris’ different revenue streams
- [03:54] – The Travel Hacking Cartel
- [04:48] – Chris handing out $100 bills
- [06:58] – Born for This
- [10:44] – Joy, Money, and Flow
- [11:32] – Replay
- [12:28] – Deeper into the Joy, Money and Flow model
- [13:41] – There are choices that we make in life that can lead us to more success
- [14:28] – “My goal is always that people will take action”
- [15:04] – Following the model
- [21:54] – I think every employee, even if they don’t want to be an entrepreneur, needs a side hustle
- [22:35] – Born for This on successful entrepreneurs
- [23:50] – Money is the reflection of the value you’re providing your audience
- [25:34] – Be focused on your objective or outcome
- [25:58] – Chris Guillebeau or Born for This
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!