Dennis Brown is a LinkedIn marketing expert, speaker and serial entrepreneur who has built 3 multi-million dollar companies. His company was ranked by Inc. Magazine 6X’s on their coveted Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Company list. He is also the author of The 7 Habits of Highly Successful LinkedIn Users.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- 7 Habits of Highly Successful LinkedIn Users – Book authored by Dennis
- Linked Academy – Dennis’ website
- Raving Fans – Dennis’ Best Business Book
- Google Docs – Dennis’ Small Business Resource
- LinkedIn On Fire – Gift for Fire Nation
3 Key Points:
- If you have a good deal on the table, realize the value.
- Commit to learning.
- Always do what you fear most—there’s immense power there.
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:51] – John introduces Dennis
- [01:20] – Dennis’ personal life
- [02:20] – How Dennis generates revenue
- [04:06] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- When 9/11 happened, and the market dried up
- [05:39] – It took a piece of my spirit and it was so difficult
- [07:19] – Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. If you have a good deal on the table, realize the value
- [08:32] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [09:54] – Commit to learning!
- [11:25] – It’s shockingly easy to leverage social media to sell a traditional product or service
- [12:44] – You have to keep an open mind
- [13:42] – What is your biggest weakness as an entrepreneur? –Patience
- [14:31] – What’s your biggest strength? –High tolerance for rejection and failure
- [15:07] – You can’t be good at something you’ve never done before–there are very few “naturals”
- [15:17] – Have thick skin
- [15:30] – What’s the one thing that has you most fired up today? –The results my clients are getting
- [17:08] – linkedacademy.com
- [17:20] –The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –Nothing
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Stop focusing on perfection. A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—I set big, audacious goals.
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Google Docs
- If you could recommend one book for our listeners, so that 7 Habits of Highly Successful LinkedIn Users has a partner on their bookshelf, what would that be and why? –Raving Fans by Ken Blanchard
- [24:18] – The fear of failure holds us ALL back
- [24:36] – Do what you fear most
- [25:13] – LinkedIn Marketing On Fire Giveaway
- [25:50] – linkedacademy.com/fire
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!