Daniel is the author of Manipurated, a business owner’s guide to the complex world of online ratings and reviews. He is also a strategist with Jay Baer’s Convince & Convert consulting team, and was an early member of the Google marketing team.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- @DanielLemin – Daniel’s Twitter Handle
- The Freedom Journal – Daniel’s Best Business Book
- Newsle – Daniel’s Small Business Resource
- Manipurated podcast – Dan’s new podcast
- Dogvacay – Dog sitting/hosting service, John just signed up for
- One Good Brand – Daniel’s company
- Manipurated – Daniel’s new book
- Jay Baer – Speaker, author, mentor, and online marketing savant
3 Key Points:
- In any entrepreneurial venture, you’ll endure moments of crushing self-doubt—push through them.
- By the same token, sometimes the only way to get out of the hole is to stop digging.
- Network, network, network—and always remember it’s not what you get OUT of the network, it’s what you put IN.
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
- LegalZoom: Make the smart choice for your business. Enter EOF at checkout to save even more!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:34] – John introduces Dan to the show
- [01:00] – Dan talks about his personal life and 15-years in marketing
- [02:00] – Dogvacay
- [02:38] – How Daniel is currently generating revenue
- [04:00] – Jay Baer, write a book, sell a book, and build a business around it
- [04:26] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment – Developing a book proposal and trying to capture the attention of publishers
- [05:34] – Extract the value of your idea, and build a pitch around that
- [06:21] – The DARKEST moment?—Version #4 of the book proposal… the crushing self-doubt
- [08:57] – Taking the bull by the horns
- [09:59] – Don’t lean on the concept of ‘trust me’—hunt for the latent opportunities that aren’t right in front of your nose
- [10:23] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment – The day he got an offer letter from Google
- [12:16] – The power of network
- [13:06] – It’s not what you get from the network, it’s what you put into it
- [13:34] – Value your relationships
- [14:20] – Daniel’s biggest entrepreneurial weakness?—Sticking with things too long
- [15:04] – Sunk cost fallacy
- [16:56] – Daniel is most fired-up about the business of storytelling
- [17:51] – Manipurated podcast
- [17:58] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur?—Fear
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—NETWORK!
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Work in bursts
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Newsle
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—The Freedom Journal
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Get an internet connection, start looking at trends, find the LinkedIn of this new world, and start forming connections
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!