Let’s hustle AND Ignite! Chris’ new rap album drops on Spotify September 19th. As a backup plan, he’s also got a new book called SIDE HUSTLE.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The $100 Startup and The Side Hustle – Chris’ books
- Side Hustle School – Chris’ course
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- How To Finally Win – Learn how to create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Key Points:
- You don’t necessarily need to quit your job—build security wherever you are.
- Not everyone was meant to be #1.
- Getting started is the first step to success.
- Goddard School: The Goddard School is a premier franchise of private preschools and provides you the opportunity to own a recession-resistant business while making a positive impact on children and their families. For more info, or to apply to become a Goddard School franchisee, visit LearnAboutGoddard.com!
- ConsultX – Business Success Programme: Have you ever thought about using your past business or corporate experience to help others in business by becoming a Business Consultant, Coach or Advisor? Find out more by visiting Consultx.com/fire! You can also check out their podcast, Everything Business Consulting, to help you get started!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 01:01 – 8 years ago, Chris founded the blog The Art of Nonconformity that lead him on many different journeys
- [01:17] – He’s now on the quest to talk about side hustles and is doing a 100-city book tour
- 01:36 – He was on Episode 1261 of Entrepreneurs On Fire
- [02:34] – Chris is an expert at finding alternative ways to accomplish meaningful goals
- [03:17] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Building a foundation of financial support will help make your decision-making process much easier
- 04:04 – Chris’ book, The $100 Startup, has sold over 1M copies
- [04:51] – Chris received emails from people who read the book – both positive and negative feedback
- [05:23] – Chris is NOT telling everybody to quit their jobs tomorrow. He wants people to build security where they are now
- [06:05] – A side hustle is an income-generating project that helps you create assets
- [07:48] – It’s about creating something that is NOT dependent on somebody else’s ecosystem
- [08:36] – Chris believes in the importance of having more than one source of income
- [09:47] – He thinks that Gary V is one person that is very relevant
- [10:32] – “Not everybody is meant to be number one”
- [14:01] – When Chris was considering starting a daily podcast, he asked for John’s advice
- [14:58] – “If you’ll commit to listening, I’m committing to being there”
- [15:14] – Knowing something is there for you helps you make that commitment
- [16:25] – Chris believes that people tend to put too much pressure on themselves when it comes to side hustling
- [17:08] – You’re not accomplishing anything if you don’t get started
- [17:19] – Chris has created 261 episodes since January 1st of this year
- 17:52 – His favorite episode is 237 with Teresa Greenway, a woman who lives on food stamps and teaches people, on Udemy, how to bake bread
- 20:05 – The Side Hustle was the easiest for Chris to write because he knew exactly what he wanted to say
- [20:44] – The book is like a 5-step process that Chris teaches over the course of 5 weeks
- 22:06 – Learn more about The Side Hustle at SideHustleSchool.com/fire
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!