Jeff is a keynote speaker, author of The 5 AM Miracle, host of The 5 AM Miracle Podcast, and founder of The Rockin’ Productivity Academy. Learn more at JeffSanders.com.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The 5AM Miracle – Jeff’s book
- JeffSanders.com – Jeff’s website
- The Rockin’ Productivity Academy – Jeff’s newest project
- Free Goals Course – A free 8 day course on how to set and accomplish your biggest goals!
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15 day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
3 Key Points:
- Make things simple and straightforward, regardless of the complexity.
- Practice saying “no” constantly – it will give you the time to focus on things that really matter.
- Ask yourself about your goals and plans and stay productive.
- Goddard School: The Goddard School is a premier franchise of private preschools and provides you the opportunity to own a recession-resistant business while making a positive impact on children and their families. For more info, or to apply to become a Goddard School franchisee, visit LearnAboutGoddard.com!
- BlueHost: If you’re looking for a website host that’s top-rated, that powers over two million websites, and that gives you the best tools to build, host and manage your business’s website, then look no further than BlueHost! Right now BlueHost is offering Fire Nation 50% off when you sign up at BlueHost.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:00] – Jeff is currently working on his new book The Free Time Formula
- 01:21 – Jeff was on Episode 1136 and 1693 of Entrepreneurs On Fire, so this is his 3rd appearance!
- [01:40] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Taking things that seem complex and making them as simple as possible
- [03:07] – While writing his next book, Jeff realized that he has a problem that has been bugging him
- [03:35] – “I was my own problem”
- [04:05] – Sometimes, we just have to get out of our own way
- [04:25] – Jeff shares his experience that led him to be rushed to the ER
- [04:31] – Last spring, Jeff was working on more than 18 projects
- [04:48] – In just two weeks, he got swamped
- [04:56] – Jeff was trying to eat his salad when he choked on his food
- [05:13] – Jeff felt that he was about to have a heart attack, but it was actually an esophageal spasm
- [05:40] – One of the causes of esophageal spasm is stress
- [06:03] – After that, Jeff learned that if he has to do something, to do what creates the biggest impact
- [06:23] – “I’m really shifting gears”
- [06:41] – During his stressful season, Jeff overbooked his calendar
- [07:46] – Jeff’s mission now is to prioritize what matters most and to schedule specific time for handling problems that might pop up
- [08:00] – JLD uses Muse, which is a device that will measure your brain signals during meditation sessions
- [08:43] – Jeff loves to meditate
- 10:19 – Wim Hof has done tons of interviews and there’s one with Rich Roll
- [11:00] – Jeff started with his minimalistic life three years ago
- [11:11] – It had a dramatic impact on Jeff and he applied minimalism to other aspects of his life as well
- [11:31] – The biggest part of minimalism is saying “no”
- [11:37] – There will be so many things you say “yes” to, which aren’t really important
- [11:50] – When Jeff learned how to say “no” more often, he got to commit more of his time to important things
- [12:48] – Jeff is able to focus better after giving up one or two things
- [13:08] – When you say “yes” to something, you’re actually saying “no” to everything else
- [16:00] – Jeff loves to ask himself questions to pinpoint what matters the most
- [16:12] – Jeff also asks his audience about his podcast at the end of every episode
- [16:30] –The more questions you ask, the more perspective you have in life and the clearer the picture is regarding where you actually are and where you want to go next
- [17:28] – Jeff writes action plans that he can work with
- [17:44] – Increase productivity
- [18:01] – Jeff focuses on how he talks with other people, how often he talks to them, and how they talk back
- [18:28] – When Jeff had his day job, there was a time he isolated himself from his co-workers
- [19:45] – Boundaries will set you free
- [20:00] – The Rockin’ Productivity Academy will launch in October
- 21:11 – Find out more about Jeff on his website
- [21:16] – Jeff always asks himself, what will the hero of my story do now?
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!