Corey is an award winning Keynote speaker and International Best-Selling Author who has appeared on television specials on Eastlink and Tellie TV. He has presented TEDx and MoMonday’s Talks and has interviewed more than 3400 Super-Achievers, is a seasoned Stand-up Comedian, and a Rock Recording of the Year Nominee.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Corey shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:40] – Corey was raised by a single mother, which greatly changed his life
- [02:18] – Corey used to sell copiers door-to-door
- [03:56] – How Corey generates revenue: speaking and a podcast
- [05:08] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Running a business that was holding Corey back
- [06:17] – The realization of being held back
- [09:39] – Just because something is successful doesn’t mean it’s the right road to take
- [10:15] — Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Realizing how much of a difference you can make as a speaker in other people’s lives
- [11:07] – Don’t overlook the power of the invisible ripple.
- [12:42] – Just because it doesn’t look sexy to other people, doesn’t mean it’s not a worthy pursuit
- [13:14] —Biggest weakness?–Details
- [13:35] –Biggest strength?–Passion
- [14:25] – What has Corey most fired up today? –Finally launching a speaking program where he can TEACH people
- 15:39 – TheSpeakingProgram.com
- [17:24] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Nothing
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Work smarter, not harder
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Incorporate an hour of power into your life
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Stitcher
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Think and Grow Rich
- [21:47] –Make sure you’re living with passion
3 Key Points:
- Don’t let small successes hold you back from big successes.
- Look at the time X is taking, then look at the revenue X is generating—if they don’t align, something needs to change.
- How is what you’re doing on a day-to-day basis bringing you closer to your goals?
- Audible – Get a 30-day free trial of fantastic audiobooks
- TheSpeakingProgram.com– Corey’s new program
- Citi cards with Android Pay: A super fast way to pay! Download the Android Pay app on Google Play or visit Citi.com/androidpay to get started. (Android Pay is available for eligible Citi consumer credit and debit cards.)
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!