Timothy Moser is an author, a full-time entrepreneur, and the founder of Master of Memory, a leading online accelerated learning center. He hosts 3 top-ranked podcasts, including Accelerated Spanish, where he applies advanced learning techniques to languages, inspiring and empowering listeners to achieve fluency in a language for free.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Accelerated Spanish book
- Accelerated Spanish, Tim’s podcast
- Connect with Tim at email@example.com
- News Feed Blocker – one of Tim’s favorite Internet resources
- The 4-Hour Workweek – Tim’s recommended read
3 Key Points:
- Focus on what your clients and employees need and want.
- Support others and let others support you.
- Your network is your net worth.
- Allstate: As a veteran, I know how hard it is looking for a career after the military. But what if I told you there was a way to put everything you’d learned from the military to good use in a career where you get to help others? That’s what owning an Allstate agency is all about.
- Bench: Let Bench handle your bookkeeping so you don’t have to. Get 20% off your first 6 months of bookkeeping at bench.co/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:28] –Timothy feels like he was born to be an entrepreneur.
- [01:50] – He is a nomadic entrepreneur.
- [02:09] – Tim does not specialize in dialects.
- [02:57] – How do you generate revenue? – He helps people achieve fluency through an Internet course that guarantees fluency. His coaching course provides his revenue.
- [04:11] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: – A year ago in San Diego, he started a webinar and made a big mistake.
- [05:26] – He spent too much money on his business.
- [06:00] – Make sure your margins are high, and plan for contingencies.
- [06:43] – Tim plans for a 10% to 20% refund rate.
- [07:33] – What were some major takeaways to make your process better? – He changed his processes to have a specific formula.
- [08:15] – Focus on getting the results that people want.
- [09:02] –Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: He ended up on the front page of iTunes with a podcast.
- [10:02] – Support from others is really powerful.
- [10:08] – What can we take away from your AH-Ha Moment? – Focus on relationships. Give to others before you ask for something back.
- [11:42] – Biggest weakness? “I tend to look three steps ahead instead of looking down at my feet.”
- [12:36] – Biggest strength? – “I like to focus on giving everything I can.”
- [13:12] – “It’s harder to find new clients than to keep your current clients happy.”
- [13:31] – Tim is good at showing up at conventions or wherever he is needed.
- [14:36] – What has Timothy most fired up today? – The Accelerated Spanish book.
- [15:30] – A book is something you can be proud of.
- [18:29] –The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Not being willing to charge what I was worth.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? –Solve real problems.
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success?–“Getting up early and getting in a few hours of really focused work.”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation –The Chrome extension’s News Feed Blocker
- If you could recommend just one book for our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 4-Hour Workweek
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? –“I would first use my $500 to get myself to some type of event.”
- Parting piece of guidance and the best way to connect? – “Your network is your net worth.” Connect with Tim: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!