Courtney is an Award Winning Business Owner. Her unique approach to staying top of mind has afforded her the opportunity to work with top names in the industry.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Google Calendar – Courtney’s small business resource
- Who Moved My Cheese – Courtney’s Top Business Book
- C Daniel Designs – Courtney’s website
- Connect with Courtney on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Funnel on Fire – Turn your funnels on fire!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Start showing gratitude by sending out personalized cards and thank-you notes.
- Let people know about your problems, they might have valuable feedback for you.
- Make the time and the effort to say thanks and build better relationships.
- Billy Gene Is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene wants to send you something in the mail! It’s small, blackish, and if used properly it might deliver some serious R O I. For the next 100 listeners who go to CopyOurAds.com, Billy Gene is going to mail you his best performing Facebook funnels for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
- Robinhood: An investing app that lets you buy and sell stocks and options for free! Visit Fire.Robinhood.com for details.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:57] – Being able to work with celebrities allowed Courtney to work with the tops names in her industry
- [01:12] – She has 3 kids who keep her busy most of the time
- [01:41] – Her areas of expertise are in personal branding and the ability to bring out her clients’ personalities
- [02:41] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Handwritten messages to say thank you is paramount in any business
- [04:00] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When Courtney moved from Georgia to New England, she had to adjust because of the slow pace there. For the first year she didn’t know what to expect, so she didn’t tell anyone what she did and that she had a business. It became so overwhelming and stressful that she had to start anew and leave the clientele she had back home
- [05:03] – Courtney felt she had to start over because of the momentum she lost
- [05:49] – Let people know what you’ll be doing and ask for feedback
- [06:51] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Courtney worked as a personal assistant to celebrities. She realized then that celebrities could barely keep up with all the PR packages they receive, so she decided to take her passion for design and create something different – like handwritten thank you cards. The feedback from those cards was very overwhelming – each person they sent it out to highly appreciated it
- [09:21] – Take the time to say thanks
- [09:48] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m fired up about 2018 and how I’m bringing all my lessons learned with me from 2017”
- [11:08] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The fear of what others may say about me”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “I am only me and I am to be the best me that I can be”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Finding that beautiful planner where I can make my appointments that I have”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Google Calendar
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Who Moved My Cheese – “it has stuck with me”
- 14:12 – Connect with Courtney on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- [14:33] – When you make your plan, schedule 15-20 mins per day to reach out to people or write a thank-you letter
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!