Ross is a master change worker, speaker, and teacher of persuasion. For the past 30 years he’s taught the power of conversation to heal, influence, convert and sell.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Zoom – Ross’ small business resource
The Science of Enlightenment – Ross’ Top Business Book
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
3 Value Bombs
1) one thing you have to figure out is how to get your clients to focus on you.
2) Always do a background check before getting into partnerships and never assume that anything is yours until you validate the assumption.
3) Be the person who gives the best diagnosis to your clients.
Davinci: Offers incredibly affordable meeting rooms in well-known office locations in EVERY city. For a limited time visit DavinciMeet.com/fire for 50% off your first purchase! Terms and conditions apply.
Go To Webinar: My BEST marketing strategy? Hosting LIVE WEBINARS. And Go To Webinar has the reliability and the features you need to deliver webinars your audience will love. For more information, visit GoToWebinar.com/fire!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:05] – Ross is a master practitioner of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and he’s been doing hypnosis for stage fright
[01:32] – On the personal side, Ross is a cat-lover
[01:57] – His expertise is in teaching others how to use subtle conversations that convert, close, and sell without pressuring, pushing, or pitching
[02:48] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: It’s no longer about getting people to trust you, it’s about getting their focus on you
[04:02] – Use hypnotic suggestion to get people’s attention right away
[05:22] – “Find yourself” implies a lack of conscious control
[06:02] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Ross had a business partner for 16 years. He figured they would never break up, but later learned they had major differences. They got a “business divorce”, but Ross didn’t realize that his domain was registered formally to his business partner. As their lawyers negotiated, his business partner just shut the domain off even though it meant there would be no revenue. Ross had to start over and it took him 2 years to rebuild the SEO efforts they already had before
[06:59] – Partnerships don’t last forever
[07:01] – “If there’s anything critical in a business, don’t make an assumption that it’s yours — make sure it belongs to you”
[07:55] – Hire a private investigator and do a background check before going into a partnership
[08:59] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: In his mind, Ross is providing the best solutions for his clients. The problem is, people won’t accept that you’re an authority on where they should go unless they first accept you’re an authority on where they’re at. Ross realized that the person who has the best diagnosis of the client’s problem wins
[10:47] – Letting your clients know that you understand them doesn’t just involved the Fs (fears, failures, and frustrations) but the Ds (dreams, desires, and destiny) as well
[12:21] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Doing this interview!”
[13:29] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I thought I could make it as a stand up comic and a comedy writer”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Failures seek opinions. Winners seek counsel”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I meditate”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Zoom
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Science of Enlightenment – “that book made meditation available to me”
[19:05] – Never make assumptions in your business — validate it
20:11 – Connect with Ross on his website
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!