Omar Otero is an Entrepreneur & Founder of Jeditronix. He is also the Co-Founder of GoPangaea and Otero Arts Foundation. He is an Author, Business Speaker, Operations Excellence Leader, eCommerce Guru, MBA, Mentor, and a Community Volunteer, with past experiences at Cisco Systems.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Moore’s Law – An engineering principle that Omar Loves
- Otero Arts Foundation – Omar’s art-focused charity
- Bitrix24 – Omar’s Small Business Resource
- OmarOtero.com– Omar’s website
- Seeing Things Through – Omar’s Best Business Book
3 Key Points:
- Be both the head of the fox and the head of the lion.
- In business there is no “Right” or “Wrong”—you just have to try, try, try.
- Know your KPIs—if you don’t, you’ll miss imminent opportunities and imminent dangers.
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:51] – John introduces Omarto the show
- [01:18] – Omar shares his story
- [02:40] – Stay connected to your roots, to your family
- [03:23] – JLD and Kate are moving from San Diego to Puerto Rico
- [04:35] – Why John thinks there’s a mass migration heading to Puerto Rico
- [04:55] – How Omar earns revenue
- [07:03] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment — Getting hit with an unbearable amount of doubt, which is different than fear
- [09:15] – Alternative Merchant File
- [11:40] – Problems can snowball out of control so KNOW your KPIs
- [12:15] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [16:10] – Moore’s Law
- [17:51] – Omar’s biggest strength is humility
- [21:10] – Otero Arts Foundation
- [22:05] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur?—Not enough belief in my own talent
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Would you rather be the head of the fox or the tail of the lion?
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Meditation and prayer
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Bitrix24
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—Seeing Things Through
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Build a website, and give back the rest
- [30:40] – We cannot measure a man by things that we see, but the things he does when no one is watching
- [31:17] – OmarOtero.com
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!