Fred is the founder of VentureFuel, which helps emerging media and new ad tech companies partner with Fortune 500 advertisers. Over the past 12 months his company has generated $10 million dollars in ad revenue for these early stage companies via over 50 deals with companies from Netflix, to Microsoft, to Chevy to Anheuser Busch. He has 15+ years of high growth media sales experience.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Pipedrive – Fred’s small business resource
- Crossing the Chasm – Fred’s top business book
- Venture Fuel – Fred’s website
- Follow Venture Fuel on Twitter
- Skills on Fire – Get quick and powerful tutorials on Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook Live!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- FOCUS – Follow One Course Until Success
- It’s important to build a team.
- Don’t grow faster than your revenue allows.
- N-hance: N-Hance Wood Renewal is the #1 wood refinishing franchise in the country. Visit nhancefranchise.com/fire or call 866-642-6231 and see how you can change your lifestyle and grow your income starting today!
- Lenovo: Lenovo systems allow you to partner with leading software providers to ensure your cloud solution is best-in-class!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:01] – We’re out there to find what the next big thing is
- [02:43] – Value Bomb Drop: Find your client’s pain, find your special sauce, and get focused
- [06:00] – FOCUS – Follow One Course Until Success
- [06:28] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? I tried hard to grow this company super quickly. We tried to be everything for everyone instead of focusing. Less is actually more
- [08:58] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: We were in the consumer electronic bowl and I landed late and my hotel room was gone. I was told there was no money on the credit card, I called the bank and learned we were overdrawn by $20K
- [11:00] – You have to set up your team
- 11:29 – JLD shares the book, Profit First
- [11:55] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: I was in my old company and I had a series of meetings. In every single meeting, somebody asked, what’s next?
- [14:46] – Everyone’s obsessed with going public but the truth is, it’s the way they lose it
- [16:18] – Keep money close
- [16:35] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? That advertisers are now embracing change
- [18:25] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Knowing I could self-finance the inevitable ups and downs
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Don’t grow faster than your revenue allows
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Caring for people
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Pipedrive
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Crossing the Chasm
- [20:17] – Focus on what you’re great at
- 21:00 – Follow us on Twitter
- 21:06 – Email Fred a note of what you do and get a FREE assessment
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!