Dr. Stickler is the visionary pioneer behind the human potential medicine movement, a shift away from the disease model to limitless peak performance in all aspects of life. A physician to high-performing entrepreneurs who want to optimize their superhuman capabilities, he’s also the host of The Ironman Executive podcast.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- The Ironman Executive Podcast – Dr. Stickler’s podcast channel
- Ishmael by Daniel Quinn – Dr. Stickler’s Best Business Book
- Presence by Amy Cuddy – Dr. Stickler’s Best Business Book
- Apeiron Center –Dr. Stickler’s website
- The Human Genome Project – A government funded study of human genetic development
3 Key Points:
- Transcend the ego—you’re better than that.
- You’re not capable of doing everything, and you’ll never be an expert in every area.
- Find people who are strong where you are weak.
- Harry’s: The Harry’s starter set is just $15 and includes a razor, moisturizing shave cream, and 3 razor blades. Get $5 off your first order with promo code FIRE!
- LifeLock: Identify theft is no joke, and unfortunately, it can happen to anyone. LifeLock Ultimate Plus identity theft protection can help. Visit LifeLock.com and enter promo code EOFIRE, or call 1-800-866-8527 and mention EOFire to save 10%!
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:49] – John welcomes Daniel
- 01:14 – The Ironman Executive Podcast
- [01:22] – Dr. Stickler’s background in medicine
- [04:22] – Different ways Dr. Stickler generates revenue
- [06:06] – Dr. Stickler’s WORST entrepreneurial moment
- The moment I realized I didn’t know it all
- [07:25] – Be humble; Be happy
- [08:20] – You’re not capable of doing everything, and you’re not going to be an expert in every area
- [09:17] – Find people who are strong where you are weak
- [09:40] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [11:21] – I suddenly saw the business as an entity by itself that needed to thrive
- [13:11] – What’s your biggest weakness as an entrepreneur? –Over enthusiasm
- [14:37] – What’s your biggest strength as an entrepreneur? –My passion
- 15:31 – What is the one thing you are most fired up about today? –The Human Genome Project
- [17:38] – Why the name The Ironman Executive? – Dr. Jones gave that to me!
- [21:04] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –Separating myself from the business
- What is the best advice you have ever received? –You are not a CEO
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success? –Waking up at 5:00am after 7 to 8 hours of sleep
- Can you share an internet resource like Evernote to Fire Nation? –17hats
- If you can recommend a book for our listeners what would it be? – Ishmael by Daniel Quinn and Presence by Amy Cuddy
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. All you have is $500 and a laptop. What would you do in the next 7 days? –I would launch a website, post all my knowledge, and start gathering email addresses.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!