John is an author, business management consultant, executive trainer and speaker with a client list from the Fortune 100 to small businesses and other organizations around the globe. He has made a career of “Making the Very Complex… Awesomely Simple”.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, John shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:00] – JLD introduces John to the show
- [01:20] – John’s story
- [02:31] – How John generates revenue—80% comes from workshops, classes, and keynotes
- [04:30] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- [05:52] – Living month to month, almost being broken
- [07:38] – Force yourself to make the decision: “do I want to work for someone else, or do I want to work for myself?”
- [08:40] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [11:53] –You are the average of the people you surround yourself with
- [12:23] – John STILL has a study group
- [13:29] – John’s BIGGEST weakness?—too trustworthy
- [14:01] – The only way to continue your success is by working harder the more successful you become
- [14:35] – Take massive amounts of information and reduce it to the patterns
- [15:19] – If you get 50 pages into a book and still haven’t extracted value, throw it out
- [15:50] – Fired up about making the content he’s created over his career available to millions of people
- [17:25] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back as an entrepreneur?—Struggling with the belief that I can be great
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Build your house on a rock—no one can take your education away
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Reading 100 business books a year
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Flipboard
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—The 46 Rules of Genius
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Spend every dollar on developing free content and distributing it to local thought leaders
3 Key Points:
- It’s not about who or what you want, it’s about who or what wants you.
- Read, read, read—invest in your own unstructured education.
- Where you spend your time is where your future will be.
- Filpboard– John’s Small Business Resource
- JohnSpence.com/fire – Where you can receive your free gifts
- The 46 Rules of Genius– John’s Best Business Book
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) Free Podcast Course: A 15-day course that will share how to create, grow, and monetize YOUR Podcast!
3) The Webinar Course: A 10-day course that will share how to create and present Webinars that convert!