Daniel is a marketer, heart condition survivor, and published author. He’s done startup and marketing projects with over 50 companies, including BMWi Ventures and The American Heart Association.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
OkDork – Daniel’s small business resource
The Millionaire Fastlane – Daniel’s Top Business Book
Free Podcast Course – Learn to Create, Grow, and Monetize Your Podcast!
The Mastery Journal – Master Productivity, Discipline, and Focus in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Be honest with the people you work with.
2) Get your systems and processes in place in order to scale up.
3) Play the long game ALWAYS.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:56] – Daniel is known as a marketer, but he actually came to business and marketing by accident
[01:27] – Marketing became a channel for Daniel to express himself
[02:26] – Daniel’s #1 thing is health
[03:15] – His area of expertise is in building a personal brand and producing content that really helps people
[03:54] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: What content marketers don’t know is if you post a story, it will drive more traffic and sales
[05:12] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Daniel cares about the people he works with. Several months ago, Daniel was able to drive millions of dollars in sales opportunities and everything was going well, but the deal dropped because the company didn’t have a sales team in place. The client called back about what happened and Daniel knew they weren’t closing. He felt helpless because he there wasn’t anything he could do about it.
[07:35] – The client wasn’t upset; it was Daniel who felt like a failure
[08:39] – “It’s hard to care so deeply about the people you work with”
[08:59] – Don’t be scared to tell your client when something will not work
[09:33] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Recently, Daniel realized he was putting so much energy into his clients. As he started to scale, he realized he was in over his head. He decided to cut his client base to build systems and processes he didn’t have before
[11:05] – “Sometimes less can be more”
[11:23] – Playing the short game vs. long-term sustainability
[13:23] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m really excited about video”
[14:22] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I didn’t really understand what entrepreneurship was”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Everyone is looking for permission from other people to do things, but really only you have to give permission to do those things”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I love going on long walks”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Noah Kagan’s Blog, OkDork
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Millionaire Fastlane – “i loved that book”
[18:00] – Conversion is what people almost always miss out on
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!