Dan Kuschell is a husband, dad, serial entrepreneur and angel investor. He has built 11+ companies since 1992, and after selling 2 of his companies following a health scare he now spends his time working on fun projects — including helping drive sales and growth with Joe Polish and Genius Network.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Headspace – Dan’s small business resource
- Never Split the Difference – Dan’s top business book
- Genius Network – Dan’s website
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- Follow JLD on Snapchat and Instagram
3 Key Points:
- Reduce complexity and be simple.
- Health is wealth.
- Focus on your journey.
- Organifi: An easy-to-use superfood powder that takes the best mother nature has to offer and fits it to your busy lifestyle. Visit Organifi.com and enter promo code FIRE to get 20% off your 30-day supply – PLUS, Organifi will ship you your own Freedom Journal as a special bonus!
- eVoice: See how eVoice can help you connect with your prospects, partners, and customers quickly and easily! eVoice is offering Fire Nation an extended, 60 day free trial – just visit eVoice.com and use promo code FIRE!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:05] – Dan loves to grow things
- [01:36] – Value Bomb Drop: You can be a 10% person or a 10x person. Reduce complexity to simplicity
- [03:08] – Reduce complexity to provide solutions and add value
- [04:07] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? That quote, ”The shortest distance between two points is a straight line” is not true
- [06:07] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Going out building a handful of companies and selling them
- [08:18] – Two weeks after Dan’s son was born he had a health scare
- [08:41] – Dan ended up staying 4 days in the hospital and having to go through surgery
- [10:34] – Dan hired a coach who had him think of 3 critical questions:
- [12:26] – Some people work their whole life to reach a goal
- [13:01] – Focus on the journey
- [15:09] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Being a growth partner and my family life
- [16:45] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Insecurity and failure
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Positive mental attitude: success in sports and in life is 90% mental. Master your mental game
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Daily rituals and meditation
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Headspace
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Never Split the Difference – tailored for better negotiations
- [20:26] – Connect with Dan on Genius Network
- [20:43] – Get a FREE resource package on the 6 Key Areas of Business Growth and 6 Key Areas of Personal Growth by checking out Growth to Freedom
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!