Dave is the lead behind Kindlepreneur.com, and advanced book marketing website. He’s been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur and SEMrush for his marketing tactics. However, prior to being an online entrepreneur, he served the US military as a nuclear engineer, military diplomat and even an International Arms Dealer.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Dave shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:09] – Dave is more of a laid back guy
- [01:33] – Dave is most excited to be with his family
- [02:06] – Value Bomb Drop: Use the Amazon book ranking search and calculator to validate book ideas. Look at the succeeding books in-depth to know what makes them successful
- [05:55] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? Building a team early. Build a team that doesn’t take you away from the business, but a team that allows you to work on the most important parts of the business
- [08:08] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: I got an email from Amazon saying my account had just been frozen
- [10:01] – Rebuild your foundation stronger
- [11:13] – A successful entrepreneur is a person who takes big risks
- [11:55] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: I realized that Google and Amazon have a lot of similarities
- [14:00] – Keep your eyes open for opportunities
- [14:53] – Don’t fret if you’re not first to market
- [15:13] – Build a skill and apply it to another market
- [15:33] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? I am now with my family full time
- [18:05] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – The fear of losing a stable income
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Define your avatar and use it
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Start a routine, set a schedule and stick to it
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – SEMrush
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The One Thing – I love the book so much!
- [24:29] – Try to focus on just one thing
- 25:01 – Go to Kindlepreneur’s contact page to connect with Dave
3 Key Points:
- Building a team is just as important as planning how you will succeed in your business.
- Successful entrepreneurs took a big risk at a point in their lives.
- Define success on your terms. Don’t let other people’s definition affect your decisions in life.
- SEMrush – Dave’s small business resource
- The One Thing – Dave’s top business book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Kindlepreneur – Dave’s website
- Go to Kindlepreneur’s contact page to connect with Dave
- M1 Finance: If you’re looking for an online broker who will let you customize and automate your investments, visit m1finance.com/fire and get 6 months of service for free!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Goals Course: Accomplish a meaningful goal!