Kale is a personal trainer and biochemist and now dubbed a digital marketer, growth-hacker and start-up advisor. He left his job to create his own business and provide the most actionable insights for those who want to take the same leap.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Five Minute Journal – Kale’s small business resource
- The Obstacle is the Way – Kale’s top business book
- KalePanoho.com – Kale’s website
- Follow JLD on Instagram!
- Free Goals Course – Learn how to set & accomplish your biggest goals in 8 days!
3 Key Points:
- Failure is something that will push people to fail again or succeed.
- Believe in yourself – whatever the distractions are – always believe in yourself.
- The keyword is progress. Every time you make progress, you are going to be optimistic and have a high level of happiness.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:10] – Kale left a growing startup about 5 months ago
- [01:48] – Kale and his team spun $200 across 14 days and generated a return of $2,000 in that same time frame
- [02:43] – Value Bomb Drop: Take the leap from having an idea to publishing it. Break the psychology of “I can’t”
- [05:06] – Kale specializes in helping people find what they want to do
- [05:40] – Bedtime sleep app
- [06:29] – What is something you’ve changed your mind about in the last 6 months? Having expectations. I’m now measuring the change. Setting a goal and an outcome. I look at the outcome strategically and measure it quantitatively with the goal.
- [08:15] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Kale had a sales goal for his startup and he was expecting a positive final decision but…it wasn’t
- [09:57] – “Failure is something that will always happen to people”
- [11:25] – “Keep on going through those failures and learn more”
- [11:54] – Kale was able to set clear and coherent goals
- [12:30] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When I resigned from my job, I realized that the past would always bring me to my success. I had to turn failures into learning opportunities
- [15:54] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Fear of failure and being unable to publish
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Your present situation is not your final destination
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Taking failures as collective learnings and being grateful for that mindset change in shift
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Five Minute Journal
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Obstacle is the Way
- 17:25 – Get in touch with Kale through KalePanoho.com
- [17:40] – “If you want to achieve something make sure that you have accountability for that, that you’re able to associate numbers and metrics for the goal that you want to achieve and the outcome that you want to get from that – and never be afraid to fail”
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!
Subscribe to EOFire!