Lisa is a Legal Coach, Attorney and Best-Selling Author of Easy Legal Steps. She helps entrepreneurs take legal steps to protect their businesses by combining law, coaching and spirituality.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
Uncertainty – Lisa’s Top Business Book
Easy Legal Steps That are Also Good For Your Soul – Lisa’s book
Lisa Fraley – Lisa’s website
Get a FREE digital copy of Lisa’a book at LisaFraley.com/fire
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
How to Finally Win – How to create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Value Bombs
1) When you have a daunting task, break it down into smaller steps.
2) Don’t be afraid of the law; it IS easy to understand and it does NOT have to be expensive to have your documents in place.
3) Find your specific niche and own it.
Omaha Steaks: The perfect holiday gift for your clients, employees and partners! Omaha Steaks has a huge variety of gift options to choose from and flexible gift plans for businesses of all sizes. Right now you can get their exclusive holiday gift package for $59.99. Visit OmahaSteaks.com and type EOF in the search bar!
LinkedIn Learning: Offers thousands of expert-led courses covering a wide range of business, tech, and creative skills, with dozens of new tutorials added each week! Right now LinkedIn Learning is offering our listeners a free 30-day trial! Just visit LinkedIn.com/fire to sign up and try it free for 30 days!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[00:58] – Since high school, Lisa knew she wanted to be a lawyer
[01:10] – After law school, Lisa worked at a law firm, but it wasn’t healthy for her. She began meeting with a life coach and eventually became one herself
[01:58] – Lisa’s health coaching friends asked if she could be their lawyer
[02:20] – Lisa now works in Maine; she wants to make law easier for her clients to understand
[03:26] – Many entrepreneurs reach out to Lisa, as well as terrified employers who are totally clueless about law
[03:58] – Lisa started her business five years ago and calls herself an attorney and legal coach
[04:55] – Lisa’s expertise is making the law easier to understand
[05:25] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: For entrepreneurs, they don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on attorney’s fees—they just need to buy legal templates that fit their business properly
[06:40] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Lisa was really terrified to film videos for her legal course; it took her two years to muster the courage to appear on the videos herself
[10:39] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Lisa was at her office when she realized that the 7 most common legal setups entrepreneurs fall into are similar to the 7 chakras
[11:58] – Lisa believes that the law energetically creates boundaries to hold and support our work
[14:20] – Whatever you enjoy doing can be your own niche
[14:49] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Lisa is always excited to tell people how important legal documents are for setting boundaries that protect you legally
[18:45] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I was really afraid to leave my day job”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Done is better than perfect”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I’m a huge fan of running”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Any electronic signature company
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Uncertainty is about taking your fears and using that fear as fuel for success as an entrepreneur
[22:20] – Don’t avoid legal documents
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!