David Siteman Garland is the Co-Founder of Nrdly, and Founder of Siteman Garland Consulting. Besides bootstrapping a company that sold over 10 million dollars in online courses (The Rise To The Top) he is known as an expert in new media, online monetization and more.
Nrdly – We’ve teamed up with DSG to bring you an incredible offer, Fire Nation! Check out the templates and awesomeness Nrdly has to offer and get 25% off your first payment and a 30-day free trial! (limited time only!)
3 Value Bombs
1) Be great in creating products and in marketing.
2) Focus on one strategy.
3) You can scale your software business by having a niche and being lean, mean, and fast instead of being broad and expensive.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How to bootstrap a software company and take on the giants with David Siteman Garland
[1:33]- David shares something he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- He believes that you have to put on horse blinders and take the noise out of the equation if you want more significant results for your business.
[2:48] – What are your top tips for managing a virtual workforce?
- It’s best to have a central hub where everyone can communicate.
- Focus on self-starters when selecting team members.
- Have a report to gauge weekly and monthly output, and make your expectations known.
- Have proper training and trust in your team members.
[5:50] – What is the #1 key to marketing a software company?
- Be great in creating products and in marketing.
- Focus on one strategy.
- Nrdly focuses on partners.
- For software companies, have affiliates and joint ventures.
[8:20] – Why is software a lucrative business?
- You can run a software business very lean.
- Be lean, not cheap.
- Software is a high-margin business.
- You can keep expenses relatively low compared to other businesses.
[13:10] – Why is niching down with software so important?
- Keep in mind that to compete with the big names in the market, you have to get more specific and own a portion of the market.
- You can scale your software business by having a niche and being lean, mean, and fast instead of being broad and expensive.
[15:33] – David’s tips when it comes to finding and hiring developers.
- Keep in mind that development is an ongoing thing.
- The game-changer is the right equity for the developer.
[19:13] – What is Nrdly?
- Nrdly allows you to create a website in as simple a way as possible.
- Nrdly offers a complimentary concierge service.
- The concierge service from Nrdly will set up the basics of your website for you.
[22:33] – David’s call to action.
- Nrdly – We’ve teamed up with DSG to bring you an incredible offer, Fire Nation! Check out the templates and awesomeness Nrdly has to offer and get 25% off your first payment and a 30-day free trial! (limited time only!)
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!