Dean Graziosi knows how to create success. From extremely humble beginnings he started with a firewood business in high school, to a collision repair shop, and then his first real estate deal before the age of 20. From there he went on to create a multi-million dollar real estate business and became a multiple NY Times best-selling Author.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
DeansFreeBook.com – Dean’s website
The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
Top 3 Value Bombs
1) In every phase of your evolution, check your thoughts.
2) When an idea hits you, just go for it, and it will work its way out in the process.
3) At your lowest point in life, the only thing you have to think about is how you can pick yourself up again.
Goddard School: The Goddard School is a premier franchise of private preschools and provides you the opportunity to own a recession-resistant business while making a positive impact on children and their families. For more info, or to apply to become a Goddard School franchisee, visit LearnAboutGoddard.com!
Zendesk: Zendesk makes it easy for your customers to reach out, and even easier for you to manage support and provide excellent customer service. Schedule a demo today and see for yourself at Zendesk.com/fire!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- When Dean was 29, he was already making a name in the real estate world
- “I’ve bent through every phase”
- Dean’s first course was for the real estate industry
- Dean did his first infomercial in 1998 and went on air in 1999
- Dean has sold millions of books
- It starts off as information, then knowledge, and after going through trials, it will become wisdom
[03:30] – Dean’s expertise is in identifying the foundations of success
- The habits that make one successful
- Dean spent years obsessing on such tactics
- Dean gets people to engage, take action, and follow through on their desires
[04:46] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: During every phase of evolution, you have to check your thoughts
- Our past has to be our research and development
- Entrepreneurs have to constantly evolve their thinking
[06:17] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Dean’s first infomercial company was Motor Millions
- Dean ran ads for people who wanted to trade or sell their cars
- Dean sold his first infomercial from his house
- Finally, Dean got his infomercial on TV and his company built momentum
- Motor Millions has made millions in revenue
- Dean grew his company to $10M in annual revenue
- Dean eventually sold Motor Millions
- Motor Millions has since changed and Dean receives monthly payments
- Dean then worked on his new education real estate business, funding it from what he was receiving monthly with Motor Millions
- The company who acquired Motor Millions blew it after 5 months and Dean didn’t realize that his name was still attached to that company
- Dean focused on his education real estate business—as it grew, he was able to pay Motor Millions’ debt and shut it down properly
- Dean was in the middle of writing a book while watching
- Larry King asked Joel a question, and in that moment Dean wanted to be interviewed by Larry King
- Dean had an interview infomercial for his book launch with the same setup as Larry King’s and it worked well
[14:40] – “Just go for it”
[17:31] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Beliefs: what we’re all taught”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – You were given the unique ability to hustle and make money; that is what you’re supposed to be doing… go do what God gave you — your unique ability — and make money. You’re ethically obligated because you have that ability to make an impact at what you do best (from Richard Branson)
[21:38] – “Observe your thoughts, don’t be your thoughts”
[22:01] – Check your thoughts, write them down and make empowering thoughts
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!