Dean knows how to create success. From extremely humble beginnings he started with a firewood business in high school, to a collision repair shop, and then his first real estate deal before the age of 20. From there he went on to create a multi-million dollar real estate business and became a multiple NY Times best-selling Author.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- DeansFreeBook.com – Dean’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
- Free Goals Course – A free 8 day course on how to set and accomplish your biggest goals!
3 Key Points:
- In every phase of your evolution, check your thoughts.
- When an idea hits you, just go for it, and it will work its way out in the process.
- At your lowest point in life, the only thing you have to think about is how you can pick yourself up again.
- Goddard School: The Goddard School is a premier franchise of private preschools and provides you the opportunity to own a recession-resistant business while making a positive impact on children and their families. For more info, or to apply to become a Goddard School franchisee, visit LearnAboutGoddard.com!
- Zendesk: Zendesk makes it easy for your customers to reach out, and even easier for you to manage support and provide excellent customer service. Schedule a demo today and see for yourself at Zendesk.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 01:30 – It was in 1996, when Dean watched Tony Robbins on TV, bought his course and became infatuated with the infomercial world
- [01:41] – When Dean was 29, he was already making a name in the real estate world
- [01:54] – “I’ve bent through every phase”
- [02:09] – Dean’s first course was for the real estate industry
- [02:14] – Dean did his first infomercial in 1998 and went on air in 1999
- [02:24] – Dean has sold millions of books
- [02:54] – It starts off as information, then knowledge, and after going through trials, it will become wisdom
- [03:30] – Dean’s expertise is in identifying the foundations of success
- [04:46] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: During every phase of evolution, you have to check your thoughts
- [06:17] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Dean’s first infomercial company was Motor Millions
- [06:41] – Dean ran ads for people who wanted to trade or sell their cars
- [07:14] – Dean sold his first infomercial from his house
- [07:28] – Finally, Dean got his infomercial on TV and his company built momentum
- [07:44] – Motor Millions has made millions in revenue
- [08:00] – Dean grew his company to $10M in annual revenue
- [08:20] – Dean eventually sold Motor Millions
- [08:50] – Motor Millions has since changed and Dean receives monthly payments
- [09:00] – Dean then worked on his new education real estate business, funding it from what he was receiving monthly with Motor Millions
- [09:26] – The company who acquired Motor Millions blew it after 5 months and Dean didn’t realize that his name was still attached to that company
- [10:43] – Dean focused on his education real estate business—as it grew, he was able to pay Motor Millions’ debt and shut it down properly
- 12:14 – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: In 2007, Dean was watching Larry King interviewing Joel Osteen
- [14:40] – “Just go for it”
- [17:31] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Beliefs: what we’re all taught”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – You were given the unique ability to hustle and make money; that is what you’re supposed to be doing… go do what God gave you — your unique ability — and make money. You’re ethically obligated because you have that ability to make an impact at what you do best (from Richard Branson)
- [21:38] – “Observe your thoughts, don’t be your thoughts”
- [22:01] – Check your thoughts, write them down and make empowering thoughts
- 22:24 – Connect with Dean at DeansFreeBook.com
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!