Doren Aldana is the CEO and founder of the Testimonial Engine — the #1 software for helping service-based local businesses collect and share client reviews on autopilot. As a result of his clients’ extraordinary success, he has won the prestigious “Best Industry Service Provider” award three years in a row. Since 2005, he has been dedicated to helping business owners attract more clients with less effort, regardless of market conditions.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- MyTestimonialEngine.com/Fire – Doren’s The Ultimate Testimonial Tool Kit giveaway
3 Key Points:
- Speed is the name of the game—the quicker you attend to complaints, the higher the chance your customers will use your product or service again.
- Have a system that will work for you while you’re not working.
- Reviews are mission critical.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:12] – Doren is a husband, a father with 4 kids, and an entrepreneur with 2 businesses: first one is to provide marketing solutions to mortgage professionals and second is the SaaS business Testimonial Engine
- [02:06] – Doren was on Episode 1385 of EOFire!
- [02:58] – Before we try something, we usually look at our smartphones for reviews
- [03:09] – Testimonial Engine reviews restaurants, resorts and all products and services
- [03:21] – Doren once forgot his son’s teddy bear at an airport
- [03:35] – His son needed a new one so his son, who was 5 years old at the time, looked up reviews for teddy bears on Google!
- [03:55] – 61% of consumers read online reviews before making a purchase decision
- [04:00] – 79% of consumers trust online reviews rather than personal recommendations
- [04:19] – “Reviews are mission critical”
- [04:32] – JLD always takes time to appreciate the comments that he receives through his Facebook group and will message people asking if he can also add the feedback on Amazon for The Mastery Journal or Freedom Journal
- [05:15] – JLD has sent hundreds of these messages and he now has around 345 reviews on Amazon for The Freedom Journal and 40 for The Mastery Journal
- [05:59] – Manually asking for reviews still works
- [06:13] – Testimonial Engine has a system that asks people for a review after a certain amount of time
- [06:18] – Doren calls it the MMS or Moment of Maximum Satisfaction
- [06:31] – The MMS moment is the best time to ask for reviews
- [06:35] – The MMS moment is after the product or service has been consumed, then the consumer will receive an email or text asking for the review
- [06:50] – There’s a system that submits the ask
- [06:54] – The big mistake entrepreneurs make is they ask for reviews directly on one site
- [07:08] – Ideally, we want consumers to have options on where they can write their reviews
- [07:40] – Testimonial Engine has a review capture page where consumers can leave reviews without creating an account
- [07:50] – There’s a page where they can leave a review and they can also send text-based testimonials with their consent to share the reviews
- [08:19] – Not requiring a consumer to create an account leads to a higher conversion rate upfront
- [08:35] – Testimonial Engine does damage control with negative comments
- [09:00] – If the comment is positive, the consumer can copy it from the “thank you” page and post it on different review sites
- [09:30] – JLD asks about the consumers who say that the product is great, but only give 3-4 stars on review
- [09:56] – It actually hurts JLD to receive 4 stars
- [10:44] – Doren suggests to send the consumers directly at one place, like on Amazon
- [11:00] – If you’re a restaurant, you can get your reviews by handing out a feedback form and include a promotion with the bill
- [12:50] – From a study, 7 out of 10 consumers will use the service or product again if their complaints have been resolved quickly
- [13:31] – Testimonial Engine has a feedback loop that will notify you the moment you receive a complaint
- [13:55] – “When you have an avalanche of positive feedback, it’s hard to have a bad day”
- [14:33] – Referrals are usually from friends and families
- [14:55] – Referrals are now viewed differently
- [15:00] – Doren has a client who gets 2-4 deals a month because of the positive reviews from Google My Business
- [15:51] – It’s also best to ask for referrals from raging fans
- [17:50] – Doren recommends having systems that work while you’re not working
- [17:56] – Doren has The Ultimate Testimonial Tool Kit which is a $97 value that Doren is giving away for FireNation!
- [18:36] – Just visit MyTestimonialEngine.com/fire
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!