Vanessa is an expert on business mastery, personal leadership and 6 and 7 figure income strategies. She is the creator of The Boutique Business Model and her zone of genius is helping entrepreneurs have breakthroughs and paradigm shifts around creating more wealth and success in their business and life.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Voxer – Vanessa’s small business resource
- The 4 Disciplines by Execution – Vanessa’s top business book
- VanessaShaw.com – Vanessa’s Website
- How to Finally Win – Create your dream life one step at a time!
3 Key Points:
- Humans are survivors – we survive.
- Look at your worst situation, gather the best insights, and consider that there is something far better that is happening for you.
- Follow your dream and what your heart desires.
- ViralSweep: Build and run your own sweepstakes and contests that you can put right on your website! To show you the power of ViralSweep, we’re running the Ignite Your Fire Sweepstakes! To read official rules and enter, visit EOFire.com/win! Open to US residents only.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:04] – Vanessa lives in Scottsdale, AZ and has been happily married for 22 years with 3 pets and 2 children
- [01:44] – “My area of expertise is built from the inside out”
- [01:53] – Vanessa was almost bankrupt a few years into her business
- [02:26] – Vanessa had to understand the parallels and the shifts in being successful and in receiving and handling more wealth in one’s life
- [02:48] – A big chunk of the learning is missing if the parallels aren’t discussed
- [03:08] – Entrepreneurs often say that no one can stop them—they’re optimistic and speak in positive terms when seen on social media
- [04:29] – Vanessa is teaching entrepreneurs how to get to a more grounded place and make decisions from there
- [05:35] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: The toughest moment for Vanessa just happened recently
- [05:51] – Vanessa hosts live events as part of her business model
- [05:58] – Last year, there was an event where Vanessa was only 6 weeks away from the event going live
- [06:20] – Vanessa got a phone call from the hotel where the event was taking place telling her that the hotel would no longer host the event
- [06:37] – Vanessa couldn’t believe what she heard and almost passed out from shock
- [06:48] – Vanessa didn’t expect that the hotel would cancel because they already had a contract
- [07:03] – The hotel happened to have a better deal from a bigger business
- [07:25] – The whole city was already full
- [08:08] – Sometimes, we just have to look at these tough times and see elegant insights
- [08:37] – Vanessa had done everything by the book
- [09:15] – What the hotel did can make small businesses, like Vanessa’s, go out of business
- [09:50] – Vanessa didn’t have a choice but to rally the event and relocate to a new location
- [10:05] – Vanessa ended up at a much better venue
- [10:13] – The event also ended up being Vanessa’s most successful event to date
- [10:23] – Vanessa saw her own process of how she approached the situation
- [10:49] – When you have no other choice but to survive, you survive
- [11:43] – Vanessa took a stand for her community against the hotel’s cancellation
- [13:40] – Greatest AH-HA Moment: It was building a business around ideal clients
- [14:25] – Make your message so clear and distinct that your avatar will be attracted to you
- [14:48] – Vanessa will be hosting her first ever event for women called Bold Women in Business
- [15:10] – Phoenix Business Journal is one of the sponsors
- 15:35 – To learn more about Vanessa’s event, visit VanessaShaw.com
- [15:55] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –“Initially, the fact that I was a stay-at-home [parent] and didn’t [know] what it would be like to be an entrepreneur”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “If you have a desire in your heart, follow it”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Vanessa walks every single day, first thing in the morning, before she starts her day
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Voxer
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The 4 Disciplines by Execution puts implementation into practice
- 17:42 – Connect with Vanessa on her website
- [17:48] – “Whatever that dream is you want to follow as an entrepreneur, make sure you are surrounding yourself with people who are on similar path, have a similar mission and particularly, who are ahead of you on the path you want to be on”
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!