Erica Duran is a Business Coach for Modern Online Entrepreneurs & Freedom Based Luxury Lifestyle Designer, she travels full time “living” at the luxury resorts that sponsor her podcast and web TV show. She gives expert guidance & support to her clients so they can earn a consistent $5K-$20K per month from anywhere.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Erica Duran – Visit Erica here
3 Key Points:
- Do you want to be Internet famous, or do you want to make money?
- You have to ask – and ask often – to get the answer you want.
- Get as CLOSE to your MENTORS as possible!
- Organifi: An easy-to-use superfood powder that takes the best mother nature has to offer and fits it to your busy lifestyle. Visit Organifi.com and enter promo code FIRE to get 20% off your 30-day supply – PLUS, Organifi will ship you your own Freedom Journal as a special bonus!
- ZipRecruiter: If you’re ready to start hiring, then ZipRecruiter is where you can find your perfect candidate! Try ZipRecruiter for free today at ziprecruiter.com/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:31] – Erica has few possessions, but those she has are of a high quality
- [01:52] – Erica sticks to tropical locales
- [02:41] – Defining how Erica generates revenue: most of it comes from coaching
- [03:20] – Describing a “sponsor”
- [05:26] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: There was a five year span where Erica couldn’t avoid disaster and emotional turmoil—at one point, she was one week away from eviction and bankruptcy
- [08:17] – If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in the wrong room
- [08:41] – You can’t be a “couch preneur”—you have to get out there and do it
- [09:19] – Do you want to go down the content route or the Internet famous route?—because without revenue, you aren’t actually worth anything
- [11:22] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: When Hilton Hawaii started following Erica on twitter, her whole brand and company suddenly became clear
- [13:23] – You have to ask – and ask a lot – to get that one yes.
- [13:46] – Biggest weakness?– Wanting it MORE than her clients
- [14:23] – Biggest strength?– A High-risk tolerance for risk in business
- [15:10] – What has Erica most fired up today? – Having back-to-back record-breaking revenue weeks and taking her clients to the NEXT level
- [18:19] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –Nothing
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? –The dreams of youth are the regrets of old age
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? –Never surrendering the gym or vegan diet
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Coconut Calendar
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Science of Getting Rich
- [22:53] – EricaDuran.co
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!