Tahani’s personal story is one of a true heroine and role model for men and women. Born in a refugee camp, she overcame all the odds and transformed her life through RE investing. Today she shares stages with business leaders globally with a mission to shift perspective and change lives.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Tahani’s website
- Real Estate Riches – Tahani’s book
- EverNote – An internet resource
3 Key Points:
- You don’t have to choose your family or a successful career. You can have both.
- Commit to your entrepreneurial endeavor. Once the ship has sailed, commit to your decision.
- Books are a person’s life knowledge that can be read in just a few hours.
- Toptal: Find the perfect developer or designer to help bring your next project to live with Toptal’s 2-week, no risk trial. Visit Toptal.com/fire or shoot me an email and I’ll personally introduce you to an executive at Toptal who can help you get set up!
- Bench: Let Bench handle your bookkeeping so you don’t have to. Get 20% off your first 6 months of bookkeeping at bench.co/fire!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:12] – Tahani helps entrepreneurs add another stream of income through real estate investing.
- [01:35] – Tahani’s life changed from a decision “not made by me, but for me.”
- [03:19] – Tahani’s main motivation was to be able to provide more for her kids.
- [04:35] – She generates revenue through her developments, her brokerage, mentoring and training, and investments.
- [05:40] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Tahani bought a house with no down payment and didn’t know how she would pay for it.
- [06:58] – The first thing she did was become a sponsor for another kid in a third-world country.
- [07:33] – “More than half of the world lives on less than $2 a day.”
- [07:59] – Tahani was focused on doing whatever it was going to take to care for her kids.
- [08:40] – She became vulnerable and very authentic with people.
- [09:10] – She paid off her whole mortgage 3.5 years later and owned nine other houses.
- [09:36] – “Have the mindset of abundance.”
- [10:35] – “The ships have sailed.” Commit to your course of action.
- [10:51] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Her book, Real Estate Riches, was published.
- [12:20] – It’s impactful to have people read and learn about your experiences.
- [12:53] – “There is power in reading,” and she was connected with her calling to teach.
- [13:18] – It gave her a bigger reason to continue on her path.
- [13:30] – “Books are distilled knowledge.”
- [14:46] – Biggest weakness? – Details drag her down.
- [15:06] – Biggest strength? – Seeing the good and the bad.
- [15:27] – What has Tahani most fired up today? She is in the midst of building her fire high-rise building, she is writing her second book, and she is putting her realtor certification course online.
- [18:21] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I thought that I needed to make a decision between raising my kids and having a successful career.”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? –Mary Kay’s book advice: “Imagine every person that you meet or see is… saying, ‘make me feel important.’”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? –Freedom Fridays.
- Share an internet resource, like EverNote, with Fire Nation– Voice Memo
- Do you recommend one book for our listeners along with yours? Dave Krenshaw, The Myth of Multiple Tasking.
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all the experiences and knowledge you currently have – your food and shelter is taken cared of – but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – I would Google what’s going on in that area in terms of networking and meet people that I need to be around. I would also be writing and sharing my knowledge online.
- [20:58] – Best way we can connect? – Tahani.ca
- [21:33] – Parting piece of guidance? – “No matter what you want, go all in.”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!