From prison of his own mind to prison behind bars. A story about addiction and greed to transformation and redemption. Erik went from Prison to prosperity.
Erik Salzenstein – Change is Possible. Visit his website to learn more about Erik!
3 Value Bombs
1) We can be in prison without physically being in prison.
2) Small steps can create huge change.
3) Be in alignment with your values.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: From Prison to Prosperity with Erik Salzenstein
[1:13] – Erik shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- He got out of prison and made it a goal to step on stage as a body builder.
[2:06] – You went down the wrong path – what happened?
- Erik had an entrepreneurial mind at a young age. Peer pressure kicked in and he made some bad choices.
- Not having your values aligned, and gearing your energy towards pleasing others led Erik down a devastating road.
[4:11]- Let’s talk about your battle with addiction…
- Ask yourself “Are you being pulled away from one part of your life that you really care about because of another part of your life, and are you sacrificing and are you causing pain or destruction in one part because of another part?”
[7:30] – Let’s talk about your post-prison trials and errors.
- Erik tried car sales but it didn’t feed his spirit. Money cannot be the only motivator.
- He got into fitness, but something still felt off.
- He finally decided to focus on speaking and coaching, and he felt fulfilled.
[13:31] – Talk about facing life in prison – at what point did you make the decision to change?
- Erik said he was about to lose his freedom, but the reality was he had already lost his freedom long before going to prison.
- Life in prison is not rehabilitation.
- He made the decision while in jail that he would do whatever it takes to change his life.
- By taking incredible action Erik was able to make it happen with the help of his brother.
[23:05] – Erik developed a system called R.O.C.K.
- Small steps can create huge change.
[25:04] – Erik talks about R.O.C.K.
- Meditate on what your future self would look like…
- R – Raise your standards
- O – Own your thoughts
- C – Consistent in your efforts
- K – Know your values
[31:10] – Erik’s parting piece of guidance
- Stay focused, and stay connected with awesome people.
- Erik Salzenstein – Change is Possible. Check out Erik’s website to learn more about him!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!