Josh teaches people how to overcome negative self-talk and self-doubt so they they get out of their own way.
The Overcoming You podcast – Tune in to Josh’s podcast!
3 Value Bombs
1) Negativity is natural; positivity is on purpose.
2) You need to get out of your own way if you want to rise to those higher levels of happiness.
3) The most important thing in this world is what we think about ourselves when we are by ourselves.
ClickFunnels: With ClickFunnels’ new One Funnel Away Challenge you can have your funnel up, running, and optimized in just 30 days! Join the next One Funnel Away Challenge for just $100 at EOFire.com/funnel!
Capterra: Online reviews help us make decisions daily – and they can also help you find the right software for your business! Visit Capterra.com/fire to find the tools to make an informed software decision for your business today!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: Overcoming ANTs (Automatic Negative Thoughts) with Josh Knutti
[1:04]– Josh shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- One of the members of Rat Pack, Joey Bishop, bought him a Happy Meal one time :)
[2:47] – What are ANT’s?
- Negativity is natural; positivity is on purpose.
- Humans are born with ANTs, and one can actually utilize it for good. There are different tools to use.
- First, you have to recognize it so you know how to prevent, stop, or use it for good.
[5:16]- How have ANTs played a role in your life?
- With all his achievements, he still felt like a caged animal.
- “Good is the biggest enemy of great.”
[9:02] – Josh expounds upon the phrase “If you do not think you can do something, you cannot do it.”
- His podcast is called The Overcoming You Podcast
- If you don’t think you can take action to do something, you are never going to do it.
[10:58]: – Josh’s thoughts on overcoming fear.
- There is always going to be some fear, but you have to put in the work to overcome that fear
- Confidence follows with practice.
[14:06] – Josh talks about his podcast, Overcoming You.
- He did created the Overcoming You podcast for himself.
- Every single negative thing that has ever happened in anyone’s life all started in the mind
- You need to get out of your own way if you want to rise to those higher levels of happiness.
[18:56] – Josh talks about the 4 types of self-talk.
- All or nothing, or dichotomous thinking: Being able to adjust when things happen.
- Disqualifying the positive: Learn to receive compliments; self-deprecation will activate RAS (Reticular Activating System) and that will work against you instead of for you.
- Mind Reading: You are not Nostradamus; validate instead of trying to read someone else’s mind.
- Jumping to Conclusions: You do not know until you try; start taking action.
[33:11] – Josh’s parting piece of guidance
- The most important thing in this world is what we think about ourselves when we are by ourselves.
- Be kind to others and to yourself.
- The Overcoming You Podcast – Tune in to Josh’s podcast!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!