Leveraging teaching experience and a passion for helping people connect, Gabby Wallace created the YouTube channel and online school Go Natural English, now with over 250,000 subscribers and 12 million views. She is a TEDX speaker, traveler, and helps teachers become entrepreneurial YouTuber’s, too.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Google Analytics and Youtube Analytics – Gabby’s small business resources
- The Obstacle is the Way and Getting Everything You Can Out of Everything You’ve Got – Gabby’s Top Business Books
- Gabby’s website
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Everything is worth trying out in the business world.
- Stop that scarcity mindset and start thinking abundantly.
- Get help when you need it – you can’t do everything yourself.
- Constant Contact: See how you can be a marketer: sign up for a free trial today at ConstantContact.com/podcast!
- The Complacent Class: What is making us COMPLACENT in the face of such challenges? Find out in The Complacent Class from New York Times best-selling author Tyler Cowen, available where books are sold.
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:07] – Gabby recently moved to New York City after traveling the world
- [01:25] – She hosts local entrepreneur meet ups with the community
- [01:32] – She loves traveling
- [01:57] – Video is Gabby’s expertise
- [02:28] – The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- [05:07] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: “You should make a template for your videos so every time, it’s kind of like going on autopilot: you’re sharing useful information every time but you don’t need to reinvent a wheel with every single episode”
- [05:40] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: The moment when Gabby doubted whether she should continue with YouTube and with her business period
- [06:39] – She talked to a friend who said he was giving up with his business
- [07:00] – Gabby took time to reflect on why she wanted to keep her YouTube channel
- [07:18] – She realized she can’t not try
- [08:28] – “It’s all about creating something, taking action, getting yourself out there”
- [09:06] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Gabby had the idea of reaching out to people who are considered her competitors in teaching English
- [09:49] – For the past couple of years, Gabby held special events for English teachers like her
- [11:13] – Think bigger and believe in that abundant thinking
- [12:02] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m really fired up about live video”
- [14:10] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Fear of not having a stable paycheck”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Not try to do it all myself”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I take time, usually on Sunday’s, to plan the week ahead and also reflect on the week behind me”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Google Analytics and Youtube Analytics
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Obstacle is the Way and Getting Everything You Can Out of Everything You’ve Got
- [16:12] – Connect with Gabby on her website
- [16:15] – Checkout Gabby’s website
- [16:28] – Don’t try to do everything yourself
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!