Garrett is a champion of finding spendable cash for entrepreneurs without having to work harder, take more risk or increase overhead. His firm was named to the INC 500, he has a NY Times best-selling book, and has appeared on CNBC, Fox News, ABC, and contributes to Forbes.
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Trunk Club –Garrett’s Small Business Resource
- Give and Take by Adam Grant – Garrett’s Best Business Book
- What Would the Rockefellers Do – Garrett’s Best Business Book / Book authored by Garrett
- EOFire Episode #161– Garrett’s first appearance on EOFire
3 Key Points:
- There are so many entrepreneurs who are financially misguided—don’t be one of them.
- Nothing supplants hard work—nothing.
- Anytime someone offers you something of value, invest in it.
- SquareSpace: When you decide to sign up for SquareSpace, make sure to use the promo code FIRE to get 10% off your first purchase!
- ActiveCampaign: See why thousands are upgrading to a more intelligent marketing solution. Sign up for a free 14 trial now — no credit card needed!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:37] – John introduces Garrett
- [01:08] – Garrett’s personal life
- 02:29 – Garrett on EOFire Episode #161
- [03:01] – How Garrett generates revenue today
- Educational products
- 1-on-1 coaching
- [03:55] – The perfect client
- [05:20] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- Buying a business with a partner who had a whole different vision
- Garrett’s family pressured him (while in college) to choose a career path (not his “not-real” business)
- [09:28] – “I changed the destiny of our family”
- [10:34] – Garrett’s family after realizing his success
- His mother has been working with him for a decade
- Willing to invest directly in the business
- [12:01] – Choosing to work hard isn’t easy, but it’s what ultimately leads to the most success
- [13:45] – Garrett’s biggest weakness –management
- [14:42] – Garrett’s biggest strength –taking a mundane topic on finance and making it entertaining and compelling
- [15:18] – What Garrett is most fired up about –having a great team and finishing 3 books
- [16:26] – Getting paid to think rather than getting paid to do
- [20:03] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –The entire structure of my family
- What is the best advice you have ever received? – Anytime something is offered to you of value, don’t hesitate to invest in it
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success? – I wake up every morning and do the 3 E’s- Exercise, Education, and Expertise
- Can you share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation? – Trunk Club
- If you can recommend a book for our listeners what would it be? – Give and Take by Adam Grant & What Would the Rockefellers Do? by Garrett Gunderson
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!