Gary Bizzo mentored over 1000 business leaders, investors and entrepreneurs. As an Agent of Change, he used social media to change Canadian Law with Bill C470. The former Founder/COO of Kickstart Business Catalyst, he is now the CEO of Bizzo On Business, an online incubator/accelerator academy.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Lord of War – Movie that is somewhat reflective of Gary’s arm dealership experience
- Small Business Dream and Livescribe – Gary’s Small Business Resource
- The Smartpreneur: The Book Investors Don’t Want You to Read – Book that Gary recommends
- The Millionaire Messenger – Gary’s Best Business Book
- How To Start a Successful Business – Guide Gary recommends
- Gift for Fire Nation: How to BE a Social Media Rockstar
3 Key Points:
- Pivoting—this is something you must master.
- You can’t work or succeed in a vacuum—you need interaction.
- Once you’ve made it, pay it forward.
- Casper: Looking for just the right sink and just the right bounce from your mattress? Right now you can get $50 toward any mattress purchase at casper.com/fire, promo code FIRE!
- LifeLock: Identify theft is no joke, and unfortunately, it can happen to anyone. LifeLock Ultimate Plus identity theft protection can help. Visit LifeLock.com and enter promo code EOFIRE, or call 1-800-866-8527 and mention EOFire to save 10%!
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:47] – John introduces Gary
- [01:24] – Gary’s personal life
- [02:47] – Lord of War
- [03:40] – How does Gary generate revenue? Tune in…
- [04:50] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- I partnered with my best friend who is married to my cousin
- [06:13] – When Gary almost got killed…
- [08:05] – The biggest lesson on his toughest journey? –Pivoting
- [08:56] – Embrace being small, quick, and agile
- [10:55] – You can’t work or succeed in a vacuum
- [11:05] – How entrepreneurs need to have a community of like-minded entrepreneurs to succeed
- [11:15] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [13:54] – What would you consider your biggest weakness as an entrepreneur? –I am the creative entrepreneur that fails at details
- [14:36] – What would you consider your biggest strength? – Vision—I love working with young start ups
- [15:03] – What is the one thing that has you most excited today? –Online academy doing incubation training and helping people start a company. I want to help these marginalized groups.
- [16:23] – The Intern
- [17:15] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –Lacking confidence
- What is the best advice you have ever received? –Once you’ve made it, pay it forward
- What is the personal habit that contributes to your success? –Writing in chaos
- Share an internet resource like, Evernote, with Fire Nation – Small Business Dream and Livescribe
- What book would you recommend? –The Smartpreneur: The Book Investors Don’t Want You to Read and The Millionaire Messenger
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. All you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? –Take the week off and hire a Philippine VA to build me a website.
- [24:03] – garybizzo.com
- [24:19] – How To Start a Successful Business
- [24:27] – All that is not said is lost. Doubt kills the warrior.
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!