Julia Pimsleur is the author of the book Million Dollar Women: The Essential Guide for Female Entrepreneurs Who Want to Go Big; the founder of kids language company, Little Pim; and a speaker recognized for her mission of helping one million women reach one million in revenues by 2020.
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Handy– Julia’s Small Business Resource
- Million Dollar Women– Julia’s book
- Julia’s 10 Mantras – The 10 Mantra’s everyone should adhere to
- Little Pim – Julia’s children’s language company
- The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer– Julia’s Best Business Book
3 Key Points:
- Stay. Standing.
- You can be low on capital for a long time, but you can only run out of it once.
- This isn’t a dress rehearsal—this is real life, and you only get one shot. Start trying to win the game TODAY.
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:48] – John introduces Julia to the show
- [01:20] – Julia’s story
- [02:35] – Shoot for the moon—even if you miss, you’ll land amongst the stars
- [02:51] – How Julia generates revenue
- [06:00] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- [06:05] – Getting screwed in a consignment deal
- [08:48] – We get caught up in the business—but we can’t let that impair our judgement
- [09:22] – Just stay standing
- [09:59] – Focus on extending your runway
- [10:07] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [10:56] – Raising venture capital with NO background
- [11:56] – You can be LOW on cash forever, but you can only run out once
- [12:46] – How much money you have has nothing to do with what you can be
- [14:06] – If you want to be X, you need to start doing X
- [15:02] – Julia’s 10 Mantras
- [15:49] – Julia’s BIGGEST strength AND weakness?—optimism
- [17:18] – This isn’t a dress rehearsal—THIS IS YOUR LIFE
- [21:07] – Fired-Up about going to Australia
- [22:09] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back as an entrepreneur?—Getting fired
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Make it easy for people to work with you
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Get up early
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Handy
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—The Art of Asking
- [26:55] – Be like water around rocks
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!