After struggling with a speech impediment most of his life, Jason Freeman came to realize his unique voice is one of his biggest assets. Now he speaks on major stages and coaches others to share their heart-felt truth.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Quickbooks– Jason’s Small Business Resource
- The Honest Life– Jason’s Best Business Book
- Heroic Yes! Productions – Jason’s company
3 Key Points:
- Being perfect isn’t a great way to make money – it’s a great way to forget your purpose, and when that happens, you lose money.
- Ask yourself why you let your dreams die?—you better have a damn good answer.
- We all have the capacity to inspire—to give gifts of inspiration, love, encouragement, etc. to our fellow man.
- Google AdWords: Get a $75 credit after you invest $25 dollars in your first campaign! Visit G.co/eofire to get started!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:56] – JLD introduces Jason to the show
- [01:22] – Jason’s story
- [02:35] – Your voice makes you unique
- [02:57] – Humans want to be unique, but at the same time we want to be the same as everyone else
- [03:43] – The question isn’t whether or not the fear will come up—it will—the question is: how will you turn it into rocket fuel?
- [04:56] – Worst Entrepreneur Moment
- [05:34] –Being PERFECT is not the best way to make money—it’s the best way to lose your purpose
- [06:26] – If you lose vision of what’s important, then what are you doing?
- [07:36] – Never stop paying attention to the “little people” you impact
- [09:32] – Entrepreneur AH-HA Moment
- [10:32] – Ask yourself why you let your dreams die?—you better have a damn good answer
- [11:20] – You can inspire and you can give courage just by getting up and doing YOU everyday
- [13:22] – Keep GOING—just by doing that you’ll become an expert
- [14:46] – Jason’s BIGGEST weakness?—patience
- [15:54] – Jason’s BIGGEST strength?—persistence
- [16:27] – We all have gifts, you just have to notice them
- [18:08] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back as an entrepreneur?—Fear
- What is the best advice you have ever received?—Stop being afraid of your gifts
- What is a personal habit that contributes to your success?—Yoga
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation—Quickbooks
- One book to have on your bookshelf?—The Honest Life
- Imagine you awoke in a brand new world, identical to Earth, but you knew no one. You still have all your experience and knowledge. What’s the 1st thing you would do?—Spend every dollar on developing free content and distributing it to local thought leaders
- [20:15] – Always keep going
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!