Personal Growth Expert and Life Strategist, Gary Coxe is recognized for his life changing programs. His goal is to help others live an extraordinary life through lasting change.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Wunderlist – Gary’s small business resource
- The Bible – Mark’s Top Business Book
- Beyond First Class with Gary – Gary’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- A brick makes up a house, but a brick is not a house.
- If there’s a move that you need to take, just go for it and make that jump.
- Success doesn’t happen instantly – work hard every day towards your end goals.
- Host Gator: With HostGator, having a website is easy AND affordable. Visit HostGator.com/fire for 60% off today!
- Caliper: Assess your team today – FOR FREE – and you’ll discover what makes each person tick and how to improve the performance of your team. They’ll also give you an hour of free consulting! Visit CaliperCorp.com/fire
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:58] – Gary lives in hotels and travels all over the world
- [01:12] – Gary was on Dr. Phil, he also hosts a mastermind event
- [01:43] – Gary specializes in showing people how to make very quick changes
- [02:19] – The ability to teach people how to change quickly is what entrepreneurs need to know
- [02:33] – “We have so many things that get stuck in our emotional hard drive”
- [02:40] – Gary shares what he has been through
- [03:47] – Entrepreneurs should have an awareness of what is going on
- [04:01] – When you get emotionally drained, it will slow you down
- [04:28] – Gary teaches people how to lead their feelings and not be a slave to them
- [04:48] – Talks about the effects of being a slave to your feelings
- [05:30] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When Gary was literally living in his office, on an air mattress, on the floor and would go to the gym just to shower
- [05:52] – Gary went without a paycheck for 2 years
- [06:03] – Gary thought everything was over and he was preparing to go bankrupt
- [06:40] – That was Gary’s lowest point
- [07:38] – “You are made up of your thoughts, but you are not your thoughts”
- [08:14] – Our brain is designed to validate our beliefs
- [09:15] – When we are in a painful emotional state, it is hard to think clearly
- [09:50] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Gary always encourages people
- [10:05] – Don’t wait for the ferris wheel to come to the end before you jump off
- [10:43] – Gary was on a promotional tour and wanted to end his promotional engagement
- [10:55] – Gary then realized he wasn’t tapping into the life he knew
- [11:05] – Gary wanted better, he made a decision, and his sales tripled the next month
- [11:35] – When you make that jump, it’s scary, but it will work out
- [12:08] – “Make the move”
- [13:18] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Changing lives”
- [13:37] – Gary shares a real-life experience
- [13:38] – Dr. Phil signed Gary up and had him for a year
- [14:05] – Just recently, Gary signed another contract and he’ll have his own TV show soon
- [14:34] – Drive towards your source of happiness
- [14:53] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “All the baggage that I was holding”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The smart person believes half of what they hear, and the intelligent person knows which half to believe”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I typically wake up between 4 and [4:30] in the morning. and I write my goals down every single day of my life, except for Sundays, so I don’t lose my momentum. I still look at my goals”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Wunderlist and Mac Notes
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Bible
- [17:34] – Connect with Gary through his website
- [17:54] – “You are made up of your thoughts, but you are not your thoughts”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!