Personal Growth Expert and Life Strategist, Gary is recognized for his life changing programs. His goal is to help others live an extraordinary life through lasting change.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Wunderlist – Gary’s small business resource
- The Bible – Mark’s Top Business Book
- Beyond First Class with Gary – Gary’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- A brick makes up a house, but a brick is not a house.
- If there’s a move that you need to take, just go for it and make that jump.
- Success doesn’t happen instantly – work hard every day towards your end goals.
- Host Gator: With HostGator, having a website is easy AND affordable. Visit HostGator.com/fire for 60% off today!
- Caliper: Assess your team today – FOR FREE – and you’ll discover what makes each person tick and how to improve the performance of your team. They’ll also give you an hour of free consulting! Visit CaliperCorp.com/fire
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:58] – Gary lives in hotels and travels all over the world
- [01:12] – Gary was on Dr. Phil, he also hosts a mastermind event
- [01:43] – Gary specializes in showing people how to make very quick changes
- [02:19] – The ability to teach people how to change quickly is what entrepreneurs need to know
- [02:33] – “We have so many things that get stuck in our emotional hard drive”
- [02:40] – Gary shares what he has been through
- [03:47] – Entrepreneurs should have an awareness of what is going on
- [04:01] – When you get emotionally drained, it will slow you down
- [04:28] – Gary teaches people how to lead their feelings and not be a slave to them
- [04:48] – Talks about the effects of being a slave to your feelings
- [05:30] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When Gary was literally living in his office, on an air mattress, on the floor and would go to the gym just to shower
- [05:52] – Gary went without a paycheck for 2 years
- [06:03] – Gary thought everything was over and he was preparing to go bankrupt
- [06:40] – That was Gary’s lowest point
- [07:38] – “You are made up of your thoughts, but you are not your thoughts”
- [08:14] – Our brain is designed to validate our beliefs
- [09:15] – When we are in a painful emotional state, it is hard to think clearly
- [09:50] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Gary always encourages people
- [10:05] – Don’t wait for the ferris wheel to come to the end before you jump off
- [10:43] – Gary was on a promotional tour and wanted to end his promotional engagement
- [10:55] – Gary then realized he wasn’t tapping into the life he knew
- [11:05] – Gary wanted better, he made a decision, and his sales tripled the next month
- [11:35] – When you make that jump, it’s scary, but it will work out
- [12:08] – “Make the move”
- [13:18] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Changing lives”
- [13:37] – Gary shares a real-life experience
- [13:38] – Dr. Phil signed Gary up and had him for a year
- [14:05] – Just recently, Gary signed another contract and he’ll have his own TV show soon
- [14:34] – Drive towards your source of happiness
- [14:53] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “All the baggage that I was holding”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The smart person believes half of what they hear, and the intelligent person knows which half to believe”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I typically wake up between 4 and [4:30] in the morning. and I write my goals down every single day of my life, except for Sundays, so I don’t lose my momentum. I still look at my goals”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Wunderlist and Mac Notes
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Bible
- [17:34] – Connect with Gary through his website
- [17:54] – “You are made up of your thoughts, but you are not your thoughts”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Real Revenue: Follow JLD’s step-by-step system and turn ANY idea into a revenue generating MACHINE!