Gregory Obert is a mental health counselor, wellness coach, podcaster, and published author who specializes in helping others achieve their goals. Through his works, Gregory gets others to increase their productivity through education and training. These include online and in person sessions that will set your world on fire!
Subscribe to EOFire
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Teachable and Fiverr – Gregory’s small business resource
- For One More Day – Gregory’s Top Business Book
- Gregory T Obert – Gregory’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- Free Goals Course – A free 8 day course on how to set and accomplish your biggest goals!
3 Key Points:
- Mental health is a great avenue for people to recognize and understand their values.
- Do not take things personally, as it can do more damage than good AND avoid going into business with friends.
- Just do it—put yourself out there and take action.
- ZipRecruiter: Looking for quality candidates to help you grow your business? Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by over 1 million businesses (including EOFire)!
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:15] – The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
- [01:11] – Gregory is a mental health counselor in Illinois and has two podcasts – Gobert Report and Meditations, but his big thing is his book Man on the Bench
- [01:52] – Gregory started the Self Start Academy
- [02:14] – Gregory is a great gamer
- [02:33] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: “Mental health is not for crazy people”
- [03:08] – Mental health is a great and safe way for people to explore their values
- [03:36] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In 2015, Gregory decided to self-publish his book and got overwhelmed
- [04:11] – Gregory asked for the help of his friends and offered to pay them to be fair
- [04:54] – After one month, his friends stopped talking to him completely
- [05:16] – Despite constant efforts from Gregory to reach out, his friends did not respond and it took his time away from doing work on the book
- [05:42] – After a few months, his friends came to him and said they couldn’t take on the project
- [06:04] – Gregory decided to never go into business with friends again
- [06:23] – The lesson for Gregory: invest in yourself
- [07:13] – Greatest idea: On the Internet, Gregory found that people do not really break down the steps of how to do things
- [08:02] – The step-by-step procedure of projects is what he offers in Self Start Academy
- [09:28] – Gregory shares Ralph Waldo Emerson’s quote, “Do the thing and you’ll have the power”
- [09:54] – Do the thing, take action
- [10:11] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? – “I am excited to help others reach their fullest potential”
- [11:04] – In the past 6 months, the change in Gregory is learning how to ask and look for help when he gets overwhelmed
- [12:14] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Thinking I wasn’t good enough”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Just do it” and “Don’t ever take things personally, because it’s going to negatively affect you”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “8 hours of sleep every night”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Teachable and Fiverr
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – For One More Day by Mitch Albom
- Imagine you woke up tomorrow morning in a brand new world, identical to Earth but you knew no one. You still have all the experience and knowledge you currently have. You have food and shelter taken care of but all you have is a laptop and $500. What would you do in the next 7 days? – I would start talking to people and find out what is important to them, do a podcast about it, market my stuff on social media and spend the rest on advertising and a website
- [14:36] – “Go forth and set the world on fire”
- [14:57] – Gregory is on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and you can visit his website
- [15:18] – Gregory has a gift for Fire Nation!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!