Leonie Dawson is the best-selling author of the Create Your Shining Year goals workbooks – used by over a quarter of a million people worldwide.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Design Pickle – Leonie’s small business resource
- Good to Great – Leonie’s Top Business Book
- Leonie Dawson – Leonie’s website
- Funnel on Fire – An 8-day course on how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Set goals and follow them in a way that is authentic to you.
- Only you know what is best for your business; you’re the one who built it.
- Trust your own genius.
- Constant Contact: See how you can be a marketer: sign up for a free trial today at ConstantContact.com/podcast!
- Organifi: Organifi Green Juice is packed with 11 energy-bumping superfoods and herbs, which means you’ll get long-lasting energy throughout the day. See for yourself: visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:17] – Funnel on Fire – Learn how to create a funnel that converts!
- [00:53] – Leonie is married to the hottest man on the planet, has two mermaid daughters and has been blogging since 2004
- [02:10] – Leonie has been running an online business since 2010, and is the solo breadwinner of the family, earning seven figures while only working a few hours a day
- [02:36] – Leonie prescribes Jim Collins’ hedgehog concept
- [03:02] – Leonie self-published her book, which sold in 150 countries and has 300,000 people around the world using it
- [03:24] – The Shining Biz Life is also Leonie’s company
- [04:32] – “Don’t get shiny objects syndrome”
- [04:55] – “I shine at helping people grow massively abundant businesses and I do that through books and training”
- [05:21] – Leonie works with a number of different people including unicorns and rainbows
- [06:05] – People have a hard time in following goals because it can be boring
- [06:49] – Leonie helps women set goals in every area of their business and life in a way that is authentic to them
- [07:35] – 16% of people think about their goals but do not write it down, 3% will write it down but not look at them again and only 1% will write it down and review it regularly
- [07:50] – “A millionaire looks at their goals once a day, a billionaire looks at their goals twice a day”
- [09:51] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: The worst moment for Leonie was when she felt unqualified to run her business after reaching seven figures and so she hired people who took the company in a completely different direction than what she wanted
- [11:02] – Leonie’s schedule was filled with unimportant tasks and she felt she was being directed by the people she hired
- [11:35] – The tasks included having to go to meetings for 5 hours a week, and she felt it ruined her creativity
- [12:20] – Leonie decided that enough was enough and ended those working relationships
- [13:12] – Leonie got scared of becoming jaded and cynical, but felt great about the lessons that she learned
- [14:16] – “You know your business far better than anyone else and the only qualification that you need to run a successful business is that you created a successful business”
- [14:33] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? – Changing the business model, adding a new income stream, and making it fun
- [15:30] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I thought it was hard”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Follow your gut”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I have a self-control app on and remove all access from the Internet when I am working”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Design Pickle
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Good to Great by Jim Collins
- [17:18] – “Trust your own genius and undeniably just go with it”
- [18:01] – Connect with Leonie on her website
- [18:53] – The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!