Ibs and Bish are 23-year-old entrepreneurs who started TruWood in their last semester of University. TruWood sells affordable and unique accessories and also gives back by planting 10 trees for every order. So far, they’ve planted over 75,000 trees with a goal of planting 1,000,000 trees by 2018!
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Canva – Ibrahim’s small business resource
- Benjamin Franklin’s Biography – Ibrahim’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Connect with Ibrahim on his website
- FunnelOnFire – Learn how to create a funnel that converts!
- The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- Always have a well-planned social media marketing strategy and a working sales funnel.
- Take full responsibility of your business – make sure you’re on top of every aspect of your business.
- Connect with your audience with a social initiative.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- VideoBlocks: Looking for premium stock footage or a music track for your next big project? Visit VideoBlocks.com/fire for a 2 for 1 deal: get AudioBlocks for free when you sign up for your $149 VideoBlocks subscription!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:21] – Ibrahim and his co-founder started this company about 8 months ago
- [01:30] – They were in their last semester of University when they realized they didn’t want to work for other people
- [03:02] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Everything is marketing – sales is the lifeblood of a business. Having a successful social media strategy can revolutionize a business. Put up value that is extremely relevant to your customers
- [05:23] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Ibrahim’s worst moment was when they were switching suppliers for their sunglasses. The new supplier gave them the confidence of providing high quality sunglasses so Ibrahim and his partner ordered thousands. When the glasses came in, they were the wrong color
- [07:10] – Take full responsibility for your product
- [08:41] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Ibrahim didn’t think being environmentally friendly would have that much impact. When they decided to plant 10 trees per order, their business turned around
- 09:59 – Ibrahim works with Trees for the Future for planting these trees per order
- [10:39] – You need something to stand behind
- [11:21] – Having a social initiative will pay dividends in the future
- [12:10] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “We definitely succeeded with Instagram and now, as a company, we’re looking to expand onto different social media channels”
- [13:07] – Facebook ads allow you to specifically target an audience
- [13:56] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “It was the cozy 9-5 job”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You must really make your value offering 10x better than the incumbent”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “It’s playing sports”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Canva
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Benjamin Franklin’s Biography – “he led an incredibly inspiring life having had success in so many fields”
- [18:50] – Every person has their own unique story and their own unique life
- [19:12] – Learn from your role models but create your own legacy
- 19:37 – Connect with Ibrahim on his website
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!