Ingrid is the founder of “Healthy Numbers”. She is passionate about small business start-ups and helps them set foundations while ensuring they are under no false illusion about cost and commitment. Ingrid is also a consultant, podcast and webinar host, and author having just finished her first book So you want to Start a Business.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Ingrid shares her incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:11] – Ingrid works mostly with people in the health profession
- [01:48] – She comes from Sydney, Australia
- [02:31] – Her area of expertise is in transforming complex concepts into easy-to-understand information
- [03:36] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Get started as soon as you can
- [03:52] – “Start doing the groundwork”
- [05:02] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Ingrid was working with a local developer for her website. Her site looked very good and she was proud of it. She told the developer they were ready to list her e-products for retail, but the developer couldn’t successfully add an e-commerce feature to the site…
- [07:53] – Be clear on your specifications from the get-go
- [09:25] – Sometimes your disappointments are going to break your relationships
- [09:39] – Make sure when things don’t work out, you don’t break relationships
- [09:47] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: About 5 years ago, a friend of Ingrid’s was selling a motel in Tasmania. Despite coming **this close** to buying, Ingrid walked away from the purchase, and that decision shaped the rest of her career.
- [12:18] – “If it’s not a ‘Heck, YES!’ in life, then it’s a NO”
- 12:38 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “Without a doubt, it’s my book (So You Want to Start a Business?)”
- 13:14 – Ingrid has a special deal for Fire Nation at HealthyNumbers.com.au/Fire!
- [13:44] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Trying to be everything to everyone”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “The only real way to know if your business is viable is if there are actual sales
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “My weekly planning and focus”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Voxer
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Self-Help Messiah – “This books tells Dale Carnegie’s story, while at the same time includes excerpts from How to Win Friends and Influence People”
- [17:51] – Follow the voice within
- [18:10] – Find a way to check if your business is viable
- 18:43 – Check Ingrid’s business startup package for Fire Nation at HealthyNumbers.com.au/Fire!
- 19:06 – Send Ingrid a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
3 Key Points:
- Start your business ASAP.
- Be specific in issuing instructions—it’s the only way to get what you want.
- Saying YES to one thing is saying NO to others–choose wisely.
- Voxer – Ingrid’s small business resource
- Self-Help Messiah – Ingrid’s Top Business Book
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Healthy Numbers – Ingrid’s website
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline, and focus in 100 days!
- EOFire – Check out JLD’s 4 FREE courses for you!
- Billy Gene: Join Billy Gene on his free training where he’s going to show you the same process he’s used working with some of the world’s largest franchises to get ROI on Facebook ads. Claim your spot today at INeedThisTraining.com!
- ZipRecruiter: Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by businesses of ALL sizes to find the most qualified job candidates. Post jobs on ZipRecruiter for FREE today by visiting ZipRecruiter.com/fire!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2)The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!