Jamin has worked with today’s top brands including Procter & Gamble, Twitter, LinkedIn and Walmart to be consumer driven. Software he has developed is used by 75% of the fortune 100 to help companies make data-driven decisions and kick butt in today’s highly competitive world.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Gift for Fire Nation – Your FREE gift awaits! Learn how to create customer satisfaction that will not only protect – but grow – your customers!
3 Value Bombs
1) Not doing customer satisfaction is like sailing a ship without a rudder.
2) Co-creating with customers will help you identify the gaps they’re experiencing in their businesses and help you develop products and services that meet their needs.
3) Make it easy for your potential customers to justify an investment.
ZipRecruiter: Successful businesses rely on quality people. But finding quality people can be tough. That’s why I love ZipRecruiter! Its powerful technology scans thousands of resumes to identify people with the right skills and experience, and then actively invites them to apply for your job! That means you get quality candidates fast. And right now you can try ZipRecruiter for free! Visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire. ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire!
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: 3 Things you need to make your customers love you with Jamin Brazil.
[01:20] – Jamin shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
[03:08] – Jamin’s journey to becoming a CEO
- He started buying specialty items and selling them on the bus.
- He did his first online survey in July 1996. It was probably the very first online survey ever done!
- He started the company Decipher in April 2000.
[07:44] – What is Jamin’s worst entrepreneurial story?
- It happened 4 months after his company started: he lost 93% of his business.
- When they looked at their books, not only did they not have any money, they also had accumulated $100,000 in debt.
- That was when he learned that if you start your business, you run to revenue, but you race to profit.
[10:42] – What it looks like to run to revenue and race to profit.
- Have a customer that is willing to buy something from you.
- Co-creating with customers will help you identify the gaps they’re experiencing in their businesses and help you develop products and services that meet their needs.
- Running a survey for your clients could be a great way to get feedback.
[15:00] – Know the value of the dollar
- Corporations and individuals have budgets and we oftentimes live our lives confined to those budgets.
- In a framework where dollars are budgeted, if you have a new product or service, or one that requires a new customer, they already have a budget and they are spending their dollars that are allocated to that thing. But it isn’t yours yet, and you have to earn it.
- Make it easy for your potential customers to justify.
[21:31] – What Jamin is doing now after transitioning from CEO to entrepreneur.
- He started podcasting and is working on a blog about how they create Happy Market Research Podcast.
[23:12] – Was there anything that surprised Jamin when he transitioned back to entrepreneur from being a CEO?
- He thought he was working for a dollar, but in truth, he was working towards building a legacy.
[24:20] – Jamin talks about the 3-legged stool of success…
- You need to know what your bet is, and you need to go all-in on that specific bet.
- You need to have protection — a wall.
- Most entrepreneurs default a yes as long as there is revenue. But revenue is a lagging indicator. It is not a forward-looking or leading indicator for a business in terms of how it will perform.
- The way to quantify if we are excellent is to do a survey as simple as a customer satisfaction survey.
[29:47] – Jamin talks about getting a 2nd chance experience
- There’s a 40% chance that a customer will come back for a 2nd chance experience.
- Stack the cards in your favor to improve the probability of a 2nd time in your shop.
[32:36] – Jamin’s parting piece of guidance:
- Not doing customer satisfaction is like sailing a ship without a rudder.
- Visit JaminBrazil website for an exclusive, FREE gift for Fire Nation! Learn how to create customer satisfaction that will not only protect – but grow – your customers!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!