Jason Gracia is the founder and CEO of Swyft Sites, the all-in-one, done-for-you platform for coaching websites that convert.
Swyft Sites – All-in-One, Done-for-You Coaching Websites.
Site Ground – Powerful hosting platform recommended by WordPress.org and trusted by the owners of over 2,800,000 domains.
3 Value Bombs
1) Do not look at your website as a pretty brochure online that will impress your neighbors and friends. What you actually want is a high-converting machine.
2) Up to 70% of clients sign on for 6 months to a year after first touch. The bucket of people who do not book on the first visit, that’s where you’re going to get most of your income. Follow up is key.
3) When you’re building a website, you’ve got to separate yourself. You can’t put your entire life story into the webpage because people will not read it. It’s like the curse of knowledge. Once we know so much, it’s hard to remember what it’s like to not know.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: 7 Deadly Sins of Coaching Websites with Jason Gracia
[0:55] – Jason shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Most people aren’t good enough. We focus so much on how to build brand, how to get traffic, how to close sales, scale, build membership sites, and no one talks about being good at what you do…
[2:58] – Choosing the wrong domain name.
- Where people go wrong is with keeping it clever. A word means something to the clients, but we can’t control what it means to other people.
- We have to be careful when we use descriptive names, or cute clever names that mean something to us, but could actually turn people away and close doors without you knowing it.
[7:11] – Jason talks about having the wrong email address.
- We want domain email addresses because of professionalism.
- Secondly, when you’re online and need to sign up for services that you need to run your business, oftentimes, they will not allow a free email address for registration.
- When you have a domain email address, you can prove that you own it, and that it’s legitimate.
[10:31] – How to choose the right website hosting platform
- Your domain is your street address, and your hosting is your rent or mortgage.
- Jason recommends Site Ground if you want a strong host that has the services and deliverability that you need.
[15:29] – Jason talks about words, fonts, colors, and images.
- When you’re building a website, you’ve got to separate yourself. You can’t put your entire life story into the webpage because people will not read it. It’s like the curse of knowledge. Once we know so much, it’s hard to remember what it’s like to not know
- Less is more. The key to a high converting website that does the things we want it to do is simplicity.
- Be consistent with two fonts, or even just one. Bold for headlines, unbold for body copy. Pick 2-3 colors and stick with it and stay consistent.
- 78% of words are ignored on an average coaching website.
- Make sure to get professional stock images.
[20:12] – Jason talks about integrating a calendar on your website for ease of use
- People are so busy, they need everything automated. Get a calendar integrated into your website.
- Don’t send people to a standalone calendar. Integrate and embed it directly on your website.
[24:10] – Using email capture.
- Up to 70% of clients sign on 6 months to a year after first touch. The bucket of people who do not book on the first visit, that’s where you’re going to get most of your income. Follow up is key.
- A website needs to be built to do two things in the coaching space. Book calls and build your email list so that you can book calls down the road.
[27:47] – Failure to use follow ups.
- A lot of people get the email but do nothing with it.
- Early on in the relationship, that’s when the engagement, attention, and interest is at its highest.
- Getting the email is fantastic, but using it is the key. Send great content and make great offers.
[30:43] – Jason’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation.
- Do not look at your website as a pretty brochure online that will impress your neighbors and friends. What you actually want is a high-converting machine.
- Swyft Sites – All-in-One, Done-for-You Coaching Websites.
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!