Jaymie is a Digital Marketing Strategist who helps small business owners and entrepreneurs generate more customers, leads, and sales using Facebook Ads.
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
Zapier – Jaymie’s small business resource
The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success – Jaymie’s Top Business Book
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Facebook ads are NOT for all types of businesses.
2) Always have a strategy first before diving into any ad campaign.
3) Niche down because you can’t be everything to everyone.
ZipRecruiter: Find out today why ZipRecruiter has been used by businesses of ALL sizes and industries to find the most qualified job candidates with immediate results. Visit ZipRecruiter.com/fire to post jobs on ZipRecruiter for FREE!
FreshBooks: FreshBooks helps you score daily wins in your battle against paperwork! To receive your free 30-day trial – no credit card required – visit FreshBooks.com/fire and enter Entrepreneurs On Fire in the “How Did You Hear About Us” Section!
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:07] – Jaymie is a marketing consultant and Facebook ads strategist
[01:20] – She was born and raised in Salt Lake City but currently lives in San Diego
[01:42] – As a child, she wanted to be a professional dancer
[01:54] – At 17, she had to put her dance career on hold for college
[02:09] – She studied business, marketing, and communications at the University of Utah
[02:19] – She quickly landed a job as a marketing director of a large mortgage and real estate firm
[02:31] – She managed a $100K Google Adwords monthly budget
[02:52] – She began to feel stuck in that job so she started her own business
[03:42] – Her area of expertise is in helping business owners drive more traffic, generate more leads, and convert more sales using Facebook ads
[04:09] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: Most entrepreneurs get so excited about what Facebook ads can do that they tend to forget to map out a strategy first. Facebook ads 100% work, but it needs to be strategically set-up—not just a replica of what other businesses have done
[06:54] – Jaymie’s first success in Facebook ads happened when a client gave her a budget to experiment and see what she could do
[10:09] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When Jaymie left her 9-5 job at the end of 2014 to start her consultancy business, she started out as a “Jill of All Trades” marketing manager. By offering such a wide variety of things, she realized that her clients weren’t willing to pay what she wanted to charge. She ended up taking smaller payments because she felt like she didn’t have any other choice. She got burnt out so quickly just trying to pay her bills
[13:01] – Be present in the path you’re taking
[13:43] – “You can’t be everything to everyone”
[14:31] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: After Jaymie’s turning point, when she niched down, it was clear that some of her clients were thriving with ads and others were not. She started evaluating the components that made those particular clients thrive. It came down to 5 things: they knew their target audience on a personal level, they had an offer that was validated by their market, they had a sales funnel, they had a budget, and they were willing to continually create valuable content
[19:32] – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? “I’m actually most fired up about this teaching in my business that I’ve been rolling out since last year”
[20:19] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “The typical fear of failure”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Invest in yourself”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Daily gratitude”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Zapier
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success – “it’s about creating success in all areas of your life”
[22:03] – “Be persistent!”
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!