Jeff joined The Army in 2008. In 2016, Jeff got in the lab and started working out the formula for the baddest, most dominant, DANGEROUS clothing company in the history of the planet. His company is called Jeff Alpaugh Custom. He makes custom formal clothing for men and women and he is famous for making The World’s Most Dangerous Dress Shirts. He believes you should BE DANGEROUS.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Jeff shares his incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 01:23 – Jeff is very passionate about dress shirts and believes every man and woman should wear things that are dangerous in fit, custom and design. Check out their website to find out what dangerous clothing is!
- [02:37] – Google “the most dangerous dress shirts” and Jeff’s name will appear first
- [03:19] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Choosing and designing clothes for people that will transform them to become their best selves.
- [04:43] – Jeff has a promo: when you buy four shirts, the fifth one is free. However, Jeff gets to choose the fifth one for you. The reason for this is that Jeff chooses the shirt based on that person’s potential in the RIGHT clothing.
- [06:40] – JLD wants Jeff to pick all five of his shirts and Jeff said the happiest people are those who let him pick all their shirts
- [07:41] – Jeff was 19 years old and was going to a business school that let him study for one semester and work a job the next semester
- [08:41] – For the interviews, Jeff had to buy a suit and he bought the first one that the store clerk gave him even though he did not like it
- [09:45] – Jeff got a lot of job interviews, but did not get a placement
- [10:20] – Jeff went to 50 interviews and had to ask for his mother’s help to get hired
- [11:11] – Jeff thought there was a problem in the way he dressed
- [11:40] – Jeff went into a suit shop and asked how he could get a job there (to see if there was a problem with the way he dressed); he was able to confirm it when they rejected him
- [12:03] – Jeff eventually joined the Army when he was 25, gained a lot of muscle and put on the suit again — it was still too big for him
- [12:28] – Jeff realized that no matter what he said or did, he looked incompetent because of the suit
- [13:07] – Jeff went to Harry Rosin to see if he could get a job there and he was rejected
- [13:40] – Jeff got hired at Moore’s and he personalized the service and gave his own Dress for Success 101 Course to the clients
- [14:09] – The clients that Jeff helped came back to tell him about their success stories and he was also referred to their friends
- [14:45] – Jeff realized he wanted to do something that was transformative for people
- [15:22] – Before joining the Army, Jeff went back to Harry Rosin, told them he wanted to work there and he got the job—he gained a lot of his professional training there
- [16:42] – Jeff realized that he could transform people for the positive, as long as he put them in the right clothing for the right situation, and this became a burning desire for him
- [17:26] – JLD says passion is not the main reason to get into a specific kind of business, it just might be something you are interested in
- [18:08] – Jeff thinks clothing has become stagnant and wonders why there is no place for people to customize it
- [19:31] – He realized that most of the shirts come from Vietnam, so he asked his wife to go on a vacation with him there
- [20:15] – At a bus stop, Jeff saw some guy wearing a beautiful shirt and he asked him where he got it
- [21:10] – Jeff and his wife followed the man to the place, pitched his idea to them and they agreed to do it
- [22:07] – Jeff asked his brother to stay in Vietnam to help get the business off the ground
- [23:34] – The biggest key to success is cooperation
- [24:03] – JLD says it’s about the mindset of abundance
- 25:02 – Check out Jeff’s website and connect with him at 780-907-2708
- 26:30 – Jeff’s book he recommends: Shoe Dog
3 Key Points:
- Your clothes can determine your success — you need to be wearing the RIGHT clothing that transforms you into your BEST self.
- Pursue your idea relentlessly and learn as much about it as you can.
- Cooperation is the KEY to success.
- Shoe Dog – Jeff’s Top Business Book
- Jeff Alpaugh– Jeff’s website
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- 780-907-2708 – Jeff’s phone number
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days! – Enter the promo code podcast for a special discount!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days! – Use promo code podcast for a special discount!
- Slidebean: Create a free account and start designing your presentation today at Slidebean.com/fire. Once you’re ready to unlock your presentation use offer code FIRE to save 10% off your first purchase! Slidebean. Presentations Made Simple. *Check out EOFire’s Podcast Masterclass before Slidebean and after Slidebean!*
- Organifi: I’ve been researching plant-based supplements that will help me not just feel my best, but also perform my best, and Organifi’s protein is smooth, filling and the vanilla flavor is yummy! See for yourself: visit Organifi.com and save 20% with promo code FIRE!
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Funnel On Fire: Create a funnel that converts!