Zlata is an award-winning fitness competitor, lifestyle coach, the creator of the Sexyfit Method and Community, and the author of the Sexyfit Method Book. She helps hundreds of women achieve a lasting lifestyle change, using fitness as a foundation for success. She is the host and producer of the Sexyfit Podcast, which features celebrity experts and reaches thousands of women on a weekly basis.
Click to tweet: Fire Nation, Zlata shares her incredible journey on EOFire today!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [01:21] – Zlata moved to the US when she was 16 and did not know how to speak English; fitness was common language and her fitness journey has led her to create her own business and book
- [02:36] – JLD says he loves the sharing of ideas with other entrepreneurs in San Diego
- [03:38] – One BIG and Unique Value Bomb: Really helping women become their best self and best version of themselves through health and fitness and how to use that in their journey in life
- [04:33] – Zlata says they create more than just a fitness and diet routine for their clients
- [05:05] – Entrepreneurs tend to put their fitness and health last, but it is the foundation of their success
- [05:34] – Nutrition and fitness amplifies your productivity and cognitive function
- [06:34] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When Zlata and a business manager/partner and friend ended up in mediation because of the content of her book. She has been working with the person for a long time and it took a lot of her energy, time and resources to bounce back from that experience
- [08:55] – JLD says if you want something to be real, you have to “will it” to be real
- [10:14] – Zlata explains how writing a book is a process and that you will have partners along the way
- [11:03] – If you are thinking about partnerships, do the paperwork
- [12:07] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Zlata used to live in Alaska and was working a corporate job. She was also a fitness competitor. While traveling, she realized she had another option with what she could do with her life
- [15:05] – Zlata chose San Diego when she was drinking with two other women and they were thinking about where they wanted to live
- [16:06] – JLD tells Fire Nation to not hold themselves back
- [16:14] – What are you most FIRED up about today? – “My new book and seeking out mentors for myself”
- [16:46] – Zlata is writing a new book and they are doing a rebrand of Sexy Fit
- [17:54] – Check out Zlata’s website and social media channels with @iamsexyfit
- [18:26] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? –“Fear of judgement, 100%”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Do your best and forget the rest”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “Working out”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Asana
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Traction
- [19:43] – Whatever the fear is, slow down, breathe and just do your best in the moment
3 Key Points:
- Proper nutrition and fitness will amplify your energy and productivity.
- If you want to do something, you have to WILL IT to happen.
- Do your best and do NOT let your fear interfere.
- Asana – Zlata’s small business resources
- Traction – Zlata’s Top Business Book
- Sexy Fit – Zlata’s website
- Audible – Get a 30–day free trial of fantastic audiobooks!
- Sexy Fit – Zlata’s book
- Free Podcast Course – A free 15-day course on how to Create, Grow & Monetize YOUR Podcast!
- Slidebean: Create a free account and start designing your presentation today at Slidebean.com/fire. Once you’re ready to unlock your presentation use offer code FIRE to save 10% off your first purchase! Slidebean. Presentations Made Simple. *Check out EOFire’s Podcast Masterclass before Slidebean and after Slidebean!*
- Capterra: An easy-to-use website with over 400 categories of software to choose from! Visit Capterra.com/fire and find the software that will help you do what you do better.
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100-days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!