Jenny is an author, career and business strategist and international speaker who helps people organize their brain, move beyond burnout, and build sustainable, dynamic careers they love. She is the Author of a new book entitled Pivot: The Only Move That Matters is Your Next One.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- PivotMethod.com/toolkit — Access all of Jenny’s templates
- The Pivot Podcast – Jenny’s Podcast
- Anti-Fragile and 10% Happier – Jenny’s Top Business Books
3 Key Points:
- Do the small things well overtime and watch it turn into a snowball of success.
- Gain momentum and the focus on keeping it going.
- If you’re not checking in with yourself – if you’re not following your path – you will burnout.
- DesignCrowd: Post your design project on DesignCrowd today and get a special $100 VIP offer! Visit DesignCrowd.com/fire and enter the discount code FIRE when posting your project!
- HostPapa: Looking for a powerful web hosting solution and cloud-based productivity tools for your business? Use promo code FIRE to save 15% off their shared web hosting packages!
Time Stamped Show Notes
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- [00:59] – Jenny shares her story
- 02:26 – Jenny was on EOFire Episode #46
- [05:15] – The fear of running out of money
- [06:20] – Technology makes us all ask “what’s next” more frequently
- [07:47] – Beyond the Tank…. following the journey of the entrepreneur
- [08:11] – How Jenny makes revenue today
- [10:26] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: When her confidence evaporated
- [12:30] – Don’t look too far outside yourself for answers.
- [14:36] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Value small experiments — don’t wait for something to be perfect before piloting it.
- [17:29] – Look at what’s already working — the answers that you’re looking for are probably right under your feet.
- [18:07] –Biggest weakness? — Marketing
- [18:49] –Biggest strength? – Simplifying complexity
- 19:05 – PivotMethod.com/toolkit
- 19:31 – What has Jenny most fired up today? – Loving The Pivot Podcast
- [23:31] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – Not knowing if she could stop following directions
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – Just take one step at a time
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Meditation
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – IFTTT
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Anti-Fragile and 10% Happier
- 27:06 – JennyBlake.me
- [28:23] – “Just start”
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Webinar Course: Create a Webinar that converts!