Kenny is a serial tech entrepreneur and the founder of content company JAKK Media, which owns and operates media sites that serve passionate audiences.
Jakk Media – Passionate Audiences. Great Content.
Kenny’s LinkedIn – Connect with Kenny on LinkedIn!
Kenny’s Twitter – Follow Kenny on Twitter :)
3 Value Bombs
1) Know what you are oddly obsessed with.
2) No niche is really too small. Even small audiences can get big revenue.
3) There is a lot of opportunity to be successful; you just have to take sustainable action.
ZipRecruiter: When it comes to hiring, you can save time and get more qualified candidates fast with ZipRecruiter. And right now, you can try ZipRecruiter for free at ZipRecruiter.com/fire! ZipRecruiter. The smartest way to hire.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: How To Find A Niche That Guarantees You Can Fire Your Boss Next Year with Kenny Kline
[1:04] – Kenny shares something about himself that most people don’t know.
- Kenny is an active bee keeper in New York City.
[2:00] – How do we identify a niche where we can both build a business and compete in 2019?
- Look for passionate audiences and even sub-audiences.
- It can be for a limited amount of time.
- You can use platforms such as Google and YouTube to help you find your niche
[7:20] – Kenny gives an example of someone who is using YouTube as a platform in a powerful way
- Nick English
- Know what you are oddly obsessed with.
[9:53] – What is the most important thing to do when starting a business?
- Keep in mind that you are on a marathon and not in a sprint.
- Plan and make sure to strategize.
[12:04] – There’s always so much to do – how do I allocate my time for maximum efficiencies?
- Evaluate – spend time to appraise what needs to be done for the business.
- Do the things that matter.
[14:28] – What are the best ways to monetize? And how soon can I do this?
- Affiliate – earn commission by recommending others’ products or services.
- Sell a product – create something that is specifically for your audience.
[16:21] – Let’s talk about scaling…
- Do more with something that works.
- Level up – do partnership or cross promotions.
- Find ways to keep doing what you’re doing without spending as much effort.
- Outsource – think about potential for partnerships or promotions.
- By providing your audience with more value you can scale your revenue.
[18:23] – Can you talk about the process of outsourcing vs. hiring internally?
- Outsourcing – great way to get started with the business. Outsourcers will allow you to break down your business.
- Hiring internally – hire someone who can equally do the business for you or who can do better than you.
[21:49] – How big can these niche sites really get? Is this actually a viable business model?
- Kenny says, “absolutely” and provides an example.
- Barbend – intense weightlifter site. Getting 2 million visitors a month.
- Niche sites will help you connect your business with audiences around the world.
- No niche is really too small. Even small audiences can get big revenue.
[25:04] – Kenny’s parting piece of guidance
- There is a lot of opportunity to be successful; you just have to take sustainable action.
- Jakk Media – Passionate Audiences. Great Content.
- Kenny’s LinkedIn – Connect with Kenny on LinkedIn!
- Kenny’s Twitter – Follow Kenny on Twitter :)
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!