Jim Edwards is an accidental sales and copywriting coach who helps people increase sales by creating better sales copy (no matter what you sell and even if you hate selling).
Your Big Idea: Successful Entrepreneurs have One Big Idea. Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
AnswerThePublic – Jim’s small business resource
Seducing Strangers Jim’s Top Business Book
Funnel Scripts – Jim’s website
EOFire – Check out JLD’s 5 FREE Courses for you!
The Freedom Journal – Set & Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
3 Value Bombs
1) Every business is a sales business.
2) Don’t be stingy on what you can offer — give real value to people.
3) Do your research before going all in.
Billy Gene Is Marketing: My friend Billy Gene wants to send you something in the mail! It’s small, blackish, and if used properly it might deliver some serious R O I. For the next 100 listeners who go to CopyOurAds.com, Billy Gene is going to mail you his best performing Facebook funnels for FREE. You just cover the shipping!
Clients on Demand: Start finding the right clients at the right price whenever you want! Claim your spot on their free masterclass, where founder Russ Ruffino will pull back the curtain and show you exactly what 7-figure business owners know that others don’t. Visit ClientsOnDemand.com/fire to claim your spot today.
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
[01:00] – Jim lives in the Virginia Swamps
[01:07] – He fell into helping people sell their stuff because he was teaching them copywriting to sell
[02:03] – Share something we don’t know about your area of expertise that as Entrepreneurs, we probably should: No matter what business you’re in, you’re in the sales business. You cannot outsource the sales and marketing in your business effectively
[04:22] – The biggest thing for Jim now is educational selling
[06:36] – “Real value is the key now”
[07:50] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: In order to sell his books, Jim had to figure out how to create a website and get search engine traffic. He thought about making websites for other people and that’s what he did. The major mistake was that he didn’t set it up right. Months later, Jim found himself in a hospital bed, diagnosed with heart failure and severe atrial fibrillation. He was 30 years old, had lost his best friend, and had to declare bankruptcy
[12:02] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: 6 years later, after his worst moment, Jim was able to create another business to help people sell info products. He created a program about how he did it and launched. Nothing happened. He looked through the traffic he was getting and found out that the headline was the problem. He changed the headline and got some sales; then he changed it again and gained 500% more sales in 10 minutes
[15:07] – Know the power of split testing headlines
[16:15] – Jim talks about the 3 Traffic Temperatures: Hot, Warm, and Cold
[20:40] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “Thinking I had to have all these things in place before I could start selling”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “Take my competitor’s USP and turn it into a free bonus for my offer”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – “I do an extremely hardcore workout”
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – AnswerThePublic
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Seducing Strangers – “this is perhaps the best book in advertising and selling written in the last 10 years”
[24:06] – “You can’t sell – you can’t persuade until you’ve got peoples attention”
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!