Jimmy Rex is an adventurer, entrepreneur, networker, and author of a new book “You End Up Where You’re Heading: the hidden dangers of living a safe life.”
Jimmy’s Instagram – Connect with Jimmy!
You End Up Where You’re Heading – Check out Jimmy’s site to stay up-to-date on his book launch date and pre-order availability!
3 Value Bombs
1) People choose to have a safe life because they feel comfortable with it; but you can expand your horizons and see the bigger world.
2) Human brains are wired to sense what is comfortable or what is uncomfortable; unfortunately, your brain does not know that society is safer now.
3) The true beauty of life is looking at yourself and going forward without expectations. Do whatever you want to do; you only get one life and it is your life. Take that unsafe path and explore your journey.
Traffic Secrets Podcast: The strategies to attract your dream customers when you’re just starting out are exactly the same as when you own a multi-million dollar business. And these strategies are waiting for you on a new podcast mini- series: Traffic Secrets. TrafficSecretsPodcast.com
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: The Hidden Dangers of Living a Safe Life with Jimmy Rex
[1:47] – Jimmy shares something interesting about himself that most people do not know.
- He has diplomat status in Mexico.
[3:26] – What does “The hidden dangers of living a safe life” mean?
- In the past, when civilizations were just forming, the explorers had all the dangers and the settlers were safe .
- Nowadays, with social and technological advances, most of the dangers of the frontier were wiped out, but the danger is if you are the one who is staying in a safe place
- Addiction, Obesity, Heart Disease, Anxiety, Depression…
- The idea of the book is to show that you think living a safe life is building yourself in the small world – but the real beauty of life is getting out and exploring what is out there.
[6:09] – Why do people choose what they perceive to be the “safe” life?
- People choose to be in a safe life because they feel comfortable with it; but you can expand your horizons and see the bigger world.
- Jimmy shares his experience traveling the world. During his travels he saw the beauty in the other worlds that existed. He got to see different parts of life and culture.
- He realizes that once he got to know the things that he used to be uncomfortable with, discomfort vanished and was replaced with love.
[7:56] – JLD shares the travel experiences that brought him a new perspective.
[9:28] – In the book – Heroes’ Journey, where do most people get stuck?
- Human brains are wired to sense what is comfortable or what is uncomfortable; unfortunately, your brain does not know that society is safer now.
- Most people tend to focus on the wrong rather than the right.
- Your family and friends want you to be safe. It makes it harder for you to explore your path.
[15:05] – How can one find their mentor?
- Part of the Hero’s Journey is finding the people who will guide you on the path.
- A few keys to finding a good mentor:
- Be specific about what you are looking for in a mentor.
- Find somebody that you look up to.
- Find somebody who has similar traits and qualities as you
- Your perfect mentor is somebody who is currently where you want to be.
[20:15] – How do we know if we are on the wrong path?
- A lot of times you can be on the wrong path.
- You need to take a look at your entire life and feel whether you are in alignment with your true self.
- Sometimes you have to give up the good to get to the great.
[23:48] – Jimmy talks about “The Cave”.
- Eventually, you will have to face your inner battle. The Cave is a dark place where only you can enter. As an explorer, it is the hardest test you will face.
- “The saddest thing is having all the achievements without fulfillment.”
[29:44] – Jimmy’s parting piece of guidance.
- Too often in life you have expectations of what your life is supposed to be. And usually, those expectations are not your own. The true beauty of life is looking at yourself and going without expectations. Do whatever you want to do, you only get one life and it is your life. Take that unsafe path and explore your journey.
- Jimmy’s Instagram – Connect with Jimmy!
- You End Up Where You’re Heading – Check out Jimmy’s site to stay up-to-date on his book launch date and pre-order availability!
1) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
2) Your Big Idea: Follow JLD’s FREE training & you’ll discover Your Big Idea in less than an hour!
3) Funnel On Fire: Learn how to create a funnel that converts!