Jon Ostenson is a top 1% Broker, Owner/Investor, and Author specializing in Non-Food Franchising. He draws on his experience as a former Inc. 500 Franchise President and Multi-Brand Franchisee in serving his clients.
FranBridge Consulting – Franchise Consulting for entrepreneurs and investors. Sign up for a free chat today!
Email Jon Ostenson – Send Jon an email!
3 Value Bombs
1) Success is not about the time freedom you have, but what you do with that time.
2) One great business is a painting business, where your all-in investment would be right around $150,000, including working capital.
3) A cost analyst business is a great opportunity.
**Click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Audio MASTERCLASS: MORE Ownership Opportunities in ‘Non-Food’ Franchises.
[1:20] – Jon shares something that he believes about becoming successful that most people disagree with.
- Success is not about the time freedom you have, but what you do with that time.
[2:26] – What has Jon has been up?
- Helping clients get great opportunities all across North America, and expanding to additional locations, oftentimes within the first few months of operation.
- With their driveway company, they sponsored NASCAR and had a lot of fun.
[5:00] – Let’s talk about the franchise landscape at the moment, as we continue to come out of the pandemic.
- About half of Jon’s clients are looking for full time jobs in a corporate world. Others are looking for a side hustle, putting the manager in place on day one.
- There’s a general lack of good investment opportunities in the market.
- Good opportunities are going fast in strong markets.
[8:09] – What are some franchise opportunities in different industries out there?
- Home and Property services, especially coming out of COVID, has been hot. One great business is a painting business, where your all-in investment would be right around $150,000, including working capital.
- Another example under Home and Property services is Fencing and Railing businesses. They have the largest buying power of the U.S., where they manufacture a lot of products that save their owners 20-30% versus the open market.
[13:58] – How do we find the right opportunity, and what are some other non-food franchise examples?
- Another example is Health and Wellness services; fitness has been coming back since COVID.
- A cost analyst business is a great opportunity where the buy-in cost is low.
[18:25] – Jon’s book release.
- Jon will release a book called Non-Food Franchising.
- Over 80% of the clients he’s worked with did not have franchising on their radar.
[19:22] – Jon’s key takeaway and call to action for Fire Nation.
- My team knows what’s going on behind the scenes. Working with us is entirely FREE. We’ve taken 4000 brands, narrowed them down after taking out those in the food space, and organized them based on what’s available in your area.
- FranBridge Consulting – Franchise Consulting for entrepreneurs and investors. Sign up for a free chat today!
- Email Jon Ostenson – Send Jon and email!
1) The Common Path to Uncommon Success: JLD’s 1st traditionally published book! Over 3000 interviews with the world’s most successful Entrepreneurs compiled into a 17-step roadmap to financial freedom and fulfillment!
2) Free Podcast Course: Learn from JLD how to create and launch your podcast!
3) Podcasters’ Paradise: The #1 podcasting community in the world!