Justin is a former Marine and attorney and is now an inspirational speaker and leadership consultant. He survived a gunshot wound to the head while serving in Iraq. He recently completed his book, My Battlefield, Your Office.
Subscribe to EOFire
- Audible – Get a FREE Audiobook & 30 day trial if you’re not currently a member!
- Google Docs and Google Sheets – Justin’s favorite business resource
- Deep Work – Justin’s top business book
- My Battlefield, Your Office – Justin’s book
- Justin Constantine – Justin’s website
- Military Talent Group – website to help veterans get employment
- Connect with Justin at his website, Facebook and Twitter
- The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- The Mastery Journal – Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3 Key Points:
- It’s okay to ask for help and lean on others for support.
- Yours and other peoples’ perspective is something that can be changed.
- You are stronger than you think you are.
- Host Gator: With HostGator, having a website is easy AND affordable. Visit HostGator.com/fire for 60% off today!
- We’re so grateful to have such amazing sponsors supporting EOFire. But, of course, their support wouldn’t be possible without the support we receive from YOU! We’d be grateful for a few minutes of your time to fill out a quick, easy, anonymous survey that will help our sponsors get to know you a little better. Just visit Podsurvey.com/fire , and I salute YOU for helping us find the best sponsors around!
Time Stamped Show Notes:
(click the time stamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.)
- 00:20 – The Freedom Journal – Set and Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
- [01:00] – Justin shares his background in the marines, law school, and his work with Homeland Security in Washington D.C. and in Iraq
- [04:15] – JLD and Justin were stationed in similar places when they were deployed
- [05:10] – Justin’s area of expertise is in helping people with their leadership skills
- [06:18] – Justin is trying to pay attention to details
- [06:46] – Justin is launching a new product
- [07:30] – JLD shares the difference between being in the military and being an entrepreneur
- [08:50] – Worst Entrepreneurial Moment: Justin sent off $20,000 worth of apparel for the Marine Corps’ marathon without thinking about who would be attending
- [11:51] – JLD explains the importance of perspective
- [12:40] – Justin shares that it’s okay to ask for help
- [13:15] – Entrepreneurial AH-HA Moment: Becoming a motivational speaker and realizing how much he should charge for his time
- [14:47] – JLD tells Fire Nation to just get out there and adjust accordingly
- [15:17] – “You get to define your own value”
- 16:10 – What is the one thing you are most FIRED up about today? Launching the desktop calendar about veterans and veteran employment through the Military Talent Group
- [17:17] – The Lightning Round
- What was holding you back from becoming an entrepreneur? – “I was comfortable… I had an easy lifestyle”
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? – “You are stronger than you think you are”
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? – Listing tasks at night
- Share an internet resource, like Evernote, with Fire Nation – Google Docs and Google Sheets
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? – Deep Work by Cal Newport
- 19:35 – Connect with Justin at his website, Facebook and Twitter
- [19:59] – “It’s okay to ask for help and lean on others for support”
1) The Freedom Journal: Accomplish your #1 goal in 100 days!
2) The Mastery Journal: Master productivity, discipline and focus in 100 days!
3) Free Podcast Course: Create, Grow and monetize YOUR Podcast!